Foundations are an integral part of a lasting makeup routine as they cover hyperpigmentation, blemishes, and acne spots. They need to offer buildable coverage while not settling into pores and fine lines. Most brands offer a variety of foundations so that you can find the right one according to your skin type and skin tone. You can also pick two different shades and blend them to make a shade that suits you perfectly. Here is a guide to some of the best foundation brands and how to pick the right one for your skin.
How to Choose the Best Foundation for Fair Skin Tone?
The foundation you use can either make or break your entire makeup look so you must choose wisely. In India, you can easily find a good quality foundation ranging from Rs 299 to Rs 2,999. You can also go for more high-end products if needed. Here are some factors to consider when choosing a foundation.
Complexion and Undertones
The number one step is to understand your complexion and undertones. It is a common misconception that fair-skinned people will only have cool undertones. Many fair skin tones have a warmer undertone, so you must check it before purchasing a product. If you have a cool undertone, you can go for foundations with a pink undertone. Whereas, people with warm undertones should go for more yellow and olive-based foundations.
Depending on your skin and preference, you can pick a foundation that gives you desirable coverage. If you have redness or pigmentation, you can go for full coverage foundations. On the other hand, if you just need a product to even out your skin and make it look radiant, you can try more sheer coverage products. The best option in our opinion is to go for a buildable foundation so you can work your way to achieve just the finish you need.
In India, most people have dry, oily, or combination skin and you should choose a foundation according to your skin type. If you have oily skin, you should go for mattifying foundations that limit excessive oil production. In case you have dry skin, you can try using a water-based liquid foundation that keeps your skin nourished all day. Also check, best brands of foundation with a matte finish & the list of top foundations in India.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|L’Oreal paris||Check Prices|
List of the 15 Best Foundation Brands in India
On this page:
- 1. Maybelline
- 2. Lakme
- 3. L’Oreal Paris
- 4. Colorbar
- 5. Oriflame
- 6. Lotus Herbals
- 7. Revlon
- 8. Bobbi Brown
- 9. NYX
- 10. Covergirl
- 11. Faces Canada
- 12. Insight Cosmetics
- 13. Swiss Beauty
- 14. Sugar Cosmetics
- 15. Elle 18
- 1. Which foundation is best for fair skin?
- 2. Which colour foundation do I need for fair skin?
- 3. How do I find my perfect foundation shade?
Maybelline is famous for its range of cosmetics that are the first choice of anyone who loves makeup. This American cosmetics company is owned by L’Oreal since 1996 and has its headquarters in Manhattan, New York.
Prominent Features of the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Liquid Poreless Foundation:
- A lightweight liquid formula that sets to a beautiful matte finish
- It features SPF 22 composition that protects your skin from sun damage
- The foundation is not very pricy and is known as one of the best drugstore foundations
- Comes in 18+ unique shades
- Weighs 30 ml
- Has SPF
- May exaggerate the texture of your skin
Why We Picked the Maybelline New Fit Me Matte + Liquid Poreless Foundation?
Maybelline’s Fit Me Foundation is the go-to mid-ranged foundation everyone’s going gaga about. The product has a lightweight liquid formula that offers full coverage and is easily buildable. It also contains SPF 22 to help safeguard your skin from unwanted UV damage. If you’re looking for an affordable foundation that competes with luxury products, go for this one!
Lakme is a trusted brand for beauty products and its Lakme Absolute line is completely irresistible. Owned by Hindustan Unilever, Lakme has been exceeding expectations in the Indian beauty market for years now. The company was founded in 1952 and caters to customers in India and Nepal.
Prominent Features of the Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation:
- It is an ultralight water-based foundation
- It includes SPF 8 for UV protection and stays up to 16 hours long
- It is available in six shades and has a feather-like light texture
- Comes in a matte glass bottle with a spatula applicator
- Weighs 25 ml
- Light and natural coverage
- Spatula for a hassle-free application
- Coverage may not be that great
Why We Picked the Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation?
If you’re someone who doesn’t like to go too overboard with your makeup and still want to look fresh, this foundation will be your best friend. The featherweight formula is water-based and blends into your skin like a dream. It also comes with SPF 8 to protect your skin from getting damaged by the sun.
3. L’Oreal Paris
L’Oreal is one of the largest cosmetic companies and hails from Clichy, Paris. It majorly retails skincare, haircare, and beauty products that are quite prominent in India.
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation:
- It is one of the best choices as its blendable liquid foundation perfectly matches the skin tone
- It is enriched with Glycerin, Vitamin B & E for the nourishment of the skin
- It is available in twelve shades and is oil-free and non-comedogenic too
- Contains SPF 17 for protection against the sun
- High coverage formula
- Has SPF 17
- It may get a little oxidised after a while
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris True Match Liquid Foundation?
The L’Oreal True Match is the numero uno choice for millions of makeup lovers across the globe and is also one of the highest-selling foundations on Amazon. It features a lightweight liquid formula that blends quickly to make your skin look radiant and even-toned. It also boasts the goodness of Vitamin E so that your skin stays nourished throughout the day.
Colorbar also offers amazing quality products when it comes to cosmetics. This Indian brand was founded by Samir Modi in 2004 and now competes with some of the biggest names in the global cosmetics market.
Prominent Features of the Colorbar Amino Skin Radiant Foundation:
- Weightless formula that feels like a second skin
- It features silicone elastomers that act as a filler to give your skin surface a satin, smooth finish
- It contains lysine, an amino acid to boost collagen, giving your face a youthful glow
- Enriched with Japanese pigments to give your skin an even tone
- High-coverage foundation
- Free from parabens
- May take some time to blend properly
Why We Picked the Colorbar Amino Skin Radiant Foundation?
A foundation that makes you look and feel youthful from the inside out. This product is formulated with Lysine, which is an amino acid that boosts collagen production to make your skin young and supple. The addition of Japanese pigments lends a natural glow to your skin to make you feel 10x more confident!
Founded in 1967, Oriflame is a renowned multi-level marketing company that retails cosmetics and skincare products across the globe. This Swiss-Swedish origin company has head offices in Stockholm, Sweden and Schaffhausen, Switzerland. You can buy its products online or by visiting a nearby store.
Prominent Features of Oriflame’s The One Express Peach Perfector:
- It is one of the most recommended foundations for fair skin
- It is enriched with vitamin C and the peach extracts work to keep your skin fresh and glowing
- This tinted moisturiser has a weightless formula that glides and blends easily
- Using it will keep your skin radiant and supple
- Weighs 30 ml
- Lightweight formula
- Sheer beautiful coverage
- Suits all skin types
- Coverage is pretty sheer
Why We Picked Oriflame’s The One Express Peach Perfector?
If you don’t like how some foundations tend to get cakey on your skin after a while, you will love this product! The Peach Perfector has a lightweight moisturising formula with a tint to even out any flaws on your skin. It’s best for everyday use and can be worn by every skin type.
6. Lotus Herbals
Lotus Herbals is a well-known brand that offers a wide range of cosmetics and skincare products. It manufactures products that are made with herbal and natural ingredients. Founded in 1993, Lotus Herbals has a solid customer base in India today.
Prominent Features of the Lotus Herbals EcoStay Nourishing Foundation:
- This foundation is the best choice if you have a fair skin tone
- It is enriched with SPF 20 for protection against harmful UV radiation
- It is waterproof as well as lightweight
- The luminous formula keeps your skin hydrated and also reduced the appearance of fine lines
- Suitable for all skin types
- Light coverage
Why We Picked the Lotus Herbals EcoStay Nourishing Foundation?
A lightweight everyday foundation that enhances your skin to make it look radiant and even-toned. It has a sheer formula that blends easily and offers you the perfect sheer coverage. Since it’s oil-free and non-comedogenic, you can forget about pore-clogging and cakiness.
Revlon is another leader in the beauty sector that makes exceptional quality base products and its foundations are a must-try! This American giant was founded in 1932 and is owned by McAndrews & Forbes.
Prominent Features of Revlon’s Color Stay Liquid Makeup Foundation:
- Features colorstay long-wear technology that helps the foundation lasts for up to 16 hours
- It can be used every day as it doesn’t clog your pores
- It provides a semi-matte finish
- Contains SPF 6 for sun protection
- Has a medium to full coverage that’s easily buildable
- Has SPF
- May look a little grey if used without colour correction
Why We Picked the Revlon Color Stay Liquid Makeup Foundation?
Revlon makes true value-for-money products and this foundation is no exception. You get a lightweight liquid formula that has buildable coverage and SPF to protect you when you’re out. The brand’s patented long-wear technology ensures that it lasts on your skin for up to 16 hours.
8. Bobbi Brown
Although all the branded foundations are good and useful, if one wants to invest in a high-quality foundation, Bobbi Brown is the best option available. This luxury beauty brand was established in 1991 by famous makeup artist Bobbi Brown and is now acquired by The Estee Lauder Companies.
Prominent Features of the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Even Finish Foundation:
- It is a gel-based yet lightweight foundation that makes the skin flawless & smooth
- The SPF 15 gives sun protection
- It contains oil-absorbing powders that limit excess sebum production
- Has nourishing properties so that your skin looks soft and supple
- Delivers a medium coverage
- Natural finish
- SPF 15
- Absorbs any excess oil
- On the pricey end
NYX is a prominent provider of professional makeup products and its foundations are available in several shades and formulas. The L’Oreal-owned company was launched in India a few years ago and has garnered applaudable clientele within a short span.
Prominent Features of the Nyx Total Control Drop Liquid Foundation:
- Lightweight formula that is easily blendable
- Provides buildable coverage from sheer to full as per your need
- Has a comfortable matte finish
- The bottle comes with a dropper dispenser
- Weighs 13 ml
- Buildable coverage
- Controls oil build-up on the skin
- Dropper gives hygienic application
- May feel a little powdery on dry skin
Covergirl is one of the brands that provide quality cosmetics. The Covergirl Outlast All-Day Fabulous foundation is worth the investment as it can last all day and blends easily giving an even skin tone.
Prominent Features of the Covergirl Outlast All-Day Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation:
- 3-in-1 foundation with inbuilt concealer and primer
- Houses SPF 20 for ultimate sun protection
- Gives matte coverage that doesn’t feel heavy and cakey
- Comes in 18+ shades
- Weighs 30 ml
- Works as a primer, foundation, and concealer
- Feels very skin-like
- Has broad-spectrum SPF 20
- May cause some flakiness on the skin
11. Faces Canada
Faces Canada is a popular cosmetics company based out of Canada. It has been a high selling brand in the Indian market for its quality and affordable price range.
Prominent Features of the Faces Canada Weightless Matte Finish Foundation:
- Put your best face forward with this weightless foundation by Faces Canada
- It hosts anti-ageing benefits and is formulated with olive seed oil, shea butter, and grape extracts
- This paraben-free product is suitable for all skin types and keeps your skin fresh and hydrated all day long
- Blends easily and provides mild coverage with a matte finish
- Comes in a tube packaging and weighs 18 ml
- Anti-ageing effects
- May not provide the best coverage
12. Insight Cosmetics
Insight Cosmetics is a popular European beauty and cosmetics brand that was founded in 2004. The company is known to make high-quality makeup products without being too overboard with the cost. So if you’re someone who doesn’t like spending much on makeup and still want good-quality products, Insight has a lot to offer!
Prominent Features of the Insight Cosmetics Ultra-Thin Second Skin Long Wear Foundation:
- It has a silky smooth texture with a mattifying formula to offer a shine-free foundation
- It hosts SPF 15 and keeps your skin protected for a long time
- Available in 4 different shades, this foundation will suit many Indian skin tones
- Comes in a bottle with a dropper dispenser
- Weighs 100 grams
- Oil-control formula
- Has SPF
- Not full coverage
13. Swiss Beauty
Established in 2008, Swiss Beauty has grown massively over the last decade with its new and unique launches. It competes with some of the most prominent brands in India in terms of quality and is frankly, quite light on your pockets.
Prominent Features of the Swiss Beauty High Coverage Waterproof Base Foundation:
- Lightweight waterproof formula that gives you a flawless base
- Has an array of shades in its kitty right from Ivory to Mocha
- Ideal for all skin types, this foundation gives a high coverage waterproof base with a matte finish
- It also keeps your skin moisturised all-day
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser
- Full coverage
- Easy pump dispenser for full control
- Includes sunscreen
- Consistency may be a little too thin
14. Sugar Cosmetics
Sugar Cosmetics is another Indian brand that makes top-notch makeup products for modern Indian women. It was established in 2012 by Vineeta Singh and has become a sensation in the Indian market today.
Prominent Features of the Sugar Ace of Face Foundation:
- A beautiful foundation stick features a built-in brush
- This water-resistant formula offers medium to full coverage with a matte finish
- Lasts as long as 12 hours
- It is highly pigmented, yet lightweight, and feels like nothing when worn
- Easily blendable and is a great pick for quick touch-ups
- Easy to blend
- The brush may not be best for blending
- May cause pore-clogging
15. Elle 18
A high-quality yet affordable brand, Elle 18 brings back memories and a lot of nostalgia to every makeup lover in India. The brand is one of the many owned by Hindustan Unilever.
Prominent Features of the Elle 18 Lasting Glow Foundation:
- It is easily blendable and gives a feather-light finish
- This is a waterproof foundation
- It is enriched with Vitamin E for skin nourishment
- Comes in 4 shades that are perfect for the Indian skin tone
- Weighs 27 ml
- Long-lasting glow
- Limited shade range
A foundation is important to make your skin look even-toned so that you can rock your day with confidence. Here, we have mentioned some of the most loved foundations that will sit beautifully on your skin and make it look radiant! Our personal favourite is Maybelline’s Fit Me range, but you are free to choose whichever you like from the list. All products are ace quality and very reliable.
1. Which foundation is best for fair skin?
The Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Pore Less foundation is the best foundation for fair skin. It feels lightweight on your skin and blends like magic in just a few drops. It is best suited for normal to oily skin.
2. Which colour foundation do I need for fair skin?
For fair skin tones, choose ivory, beige, and peach colour foundations.
3. How do I find my perfect foundation shade?
To choose the right foundation shade, it is of utmost importance to realise your skin’s undertone and colour. With this in place, you can easily narrow down the foundation that best fits your skin. Simply dab the shades on your jawline and try blending them. The one that blends in easily with your face and neck skin, is the one to pick.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has category-specific researchers who ensure stringent checks to offer the most reliable content to our readers. We also take into account customer reviews to provide unbiased opinions about each product.