Finding the right shampoo is the most important part of your haircare management. This is why L’Oreal has created a range of shampoo products that help in fighting every hair problem ranging from hair fall, dry hair, damaged hair, coloured hair, oily hair, and dandruff.
The L’Oreal shampoo range is great for protecting the scalp and the shaft of the strands, which helps in making the hair strong. They help in repairing the hair fibre, which eventually results in regaining the hair structure and strength like new, which most of us dream about.
Below are the 10 best products from the L’Oreal shampoo range in India that you can buy from Nykaa & choose according to your hair type and requirement.
Scroll down further to read a complete analysis of our picks of best L’Oreal shampoos with reviews and ratings.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Best L’Oreal Shampoos for You?
Although L’Oreal has a wide range of products that excel in terms of quality, we have picked out some of our personal favourites here. In India, you get L’Oreal shampoos ranging from anywhere Rs 79 to Rs 999 or more. Here we have added detailed L’Oreal shampoo reviews while considering these factors so that you can make an informed purchase.
All L’Oreal shampoos have nourishing formulas that hydrate your hair without weighing them down. They also have anti-dandruff properties to keep your scalp clean and healthy. The shampoos wash away easily and leave no soapy residue whatsoever.
We’ve added products that contain ingredients such as olive oil, glycerine, almond oil, jojoba oil, essential oils, salicylic acid, coconut oil, and more to add ample nourishment to your hair. These shampoos also have keratin-rich formulas that strengthen your hair.
Whether you have dry, damaged, coloured, or chemically treated hair, L’Oreal has a solution for all of your concerns. Check out the list below to find something that works for your hair type.
List of the 11 Top L’Oreal Shampoos in India
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo helps to get rid of all visible signs of damaged hair, including hair fall, dry hair, roughness, dullness, and split ends. The brand has managed to create unique formulations that truly work for your hair concerns.
|Hair Type||Damaged and Weak Hair|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo:
- Unique formulation that fights dullness, hair fall, dryness, roughness, and split ends
- Contains ceramides that coat the hair and make it shinier and healthier
- Has a Pro-Keratin formula that adds strength to your hair
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 1 l
- One of the best L’Oreal shampoos for dry hair
- Adds shine to dry and dull hair
- Adds volume and makes hair bouncy
- Moisturizes hair and scalp
- Contains sulfates
- Contains paraben
- Might not add volume to hair
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo?
It is one of the best L’Oreal Shampoos recommended for damaged hair that lacks its natural shine and texture. It is formulated with LAK 1000, which penetrates deep into the layers of hair and helps to renew damaged hair, and Ceramide, which helps to rejuvenate damaged hair strands. Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein is added to this formulation to provide nourishment to hair and make it the perfect shampoo for dry and dull hair.
L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo
One of the best L’Oreal shampoos for oily hair, this product helps to purify oily roots and hydrates dry strands. If you have hair that gets oily quickly and becomes difficult to manage, this shampoo can be your best bet!
|Hair Type||Oily Hair|
|Special Feature||Natural ingredients, Provides hydration|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo:
- Infused with pure clay that absorbs unnecessary oil to keep your scalp cleaner
- It has a nourishing formula that makes sure that your strands are not left dry
- Also has 0.2% salicylic acid that keeps dandruff and dryness at bay
- It will keep your hair fresh for up to 72 hours
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 704 ml
- Thoroughly cleanses hair and scalp of dirt and oil
- Moisturizes hair for up to 3 days
- Leaves a cooling effect on the scalp after a wash
- Comes in multiple sizes as well
- Contains SLS and Parabens
- It may not suit extremely dry hair
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Extraordinary Clay Shampoo?
This L’Oreal shampoo is specially formulated for hair with oily roots and dry ends. It contains Kaolin clay which nourishes hair from within and keeps it hydrated for up to 3 days. Hydrated hair stays protected from damage, dullness, and dryness while retaining moisture and making hair look smoother and shinier with additional natural fragrance.
L’Oreal Ever Pure Shampoo
The Ever Sleek Keratin Shampoo by L’Oreal can be a go-to treatment for anyone dealing with dry, frizzy, and unmanageable hair. The product prevents humidity from affecting your hair and keeps them sleek and silky all day long.
|Hair Type||Dull, Colour Treated, Damaged Hair|
|Special Feature||Controls frizz, Prevents colour from fading|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Ever Pure Shampoo:
- It is a sulfate and silicone-free shampoo from the L’Oreal shampoo range
- It improves the texture of damaged hair and makes them more manageable, soft, and smooth
- It is best suited for hair that has been damaged due to chemical treatments
- Comes in a tube and weighs 250 ml
- Makes hair smooth and soft
- Free from sulfates and silicones
- Fights roughness and coarse hair
- Lathers well
- It may alter the natural texture of hair
- Can cause dryness
L’Oreal Oil Nourish Shampoo
L’Oreal Oil Nourish Shampoo contains the goodness of Almond, Jojoba, Coconut, Camelina, Olive, and Argan oil. It is the best pick for anyone who needs deep nourishment and likes their hair to be healthy, bouncy, and shiny.
|Hair Type||Dull, Dry, and Lifeless Hair|
|Special Feature||Moisturises and hydrates hair|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Oil Nourish Shampoo:
- Contains nourishing oils of almond, jojoba, coconut, camelina, olive, and argan
- Deeply conditions your hair without weighing them down
- Using this shampoo will add a healthy shine to your locks
- Helps make your hair thicker and easier to manage
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 1 l
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Prevents and repairs the damage
- Does not make hair greasy
- Does not control frizz
- Contains sulfates
- Is not suitable for oily hair
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Oil Nourish Shampoo?
This is the best L’Oreal shampoo for dry hair, enriched with natural ingredients that nourish and condition hair without making it greasy. This L’Oreal shampoo is suitable for all hair types. Ingredients like Sunflower Seed Extract present in this shampoo provide nourishment to hair, making them look healthier and thicker.
L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil Shampoo
L’Oreal Extraordinary Oil Shampoo combines the goodness of multiple essential oils and is rich in essential fatty nutrients. It is a creme formula that claims to smooth & nourish hair from root to tip.
|Hair Type||All Hair Types|
|Special Feature||Silicon-free, Prevents dryness|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil Shampoo:
- Infused with French Amber Cedarwood essential oil to make your hair softer
- Also has glycerin to keep the hydration intact
- Has a deeply nourishing formula but doesn’t weigh your hair down
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 440 ml
- Hair becomes soft, smooth & manageable
- Good for dry and normal hair
- Deep conditions hair; thus, no need to condition post shampoo
- Nourishes the roots of the hair
- Cleanses hair without stripping off the natural oils & moisture
- Not good for oily hair & scalp
- Needs more than 2 washes to remove oil from hair
- Surfactant-based shampoo
Why We Picked the L’Oreal Paris Extraordinary Oil Shampoo?
This shampoo provides protection from the effect of dry & humid weather. Glycerine, Hydroxyethylcellulose, and Hydrolysed silk present in the shampoo help to keep hair well hydrated and moisturised, while ingredients like Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Camelina Sativa Oil, Limonene, and Linalool help in improving hair texture.
L’Oreal Paris Hyaluron Moisture 72H Moisture Filling Shampoo
The L’Oreal Paris Hyaluron Moisture 72H Moisture Filling Shampoo claims to keep your hair much more hydrated and softer. It contains a newly innovated formula of moisture-filling ingredients to provide shine and nourishment without weighing down the hair.
|Hair Type||Dry Hair|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Hyaluron Moisture 72H Moisture Filling Shampoo:
- This L’Oreal shampoo is enriched with hyaluronic acid that adds a lot of hydration to your hair
- It retains moisture in your hair which reduces frizz and makes your hair more manageable
- It is recommended for those who are dealing with dull and damaged hair
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 75 ml
- Hair gets shinier, as per the claims
- Makes hair smooth and soft
- Works great for normal and dull hair
- No separate conditioning required
- It does not dry out the hair
- Not recommended for oily hair as it weighs down hair
- Contains paraben
- Contains SLES
L’Oréal Paris Dream Lengths Restoring Shampoo
Dream Lengths is one of the latest shampoos launched by L’Oreal and has already garnered a lot of popularity in India. If you have unruly and frizzy hair, this shampoo will work wonders in no time!
|Hair Type||Damaged Hair|
|Special Feature||Nourishes hair|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Paris Dream Lengths Shampoo:
- Creamy and nourishing shampoo that tames unruly hair easily
- Contains vegetal keratin that adds strength to your hair
- Castor oil helps promote hair growth and prevents hair fall
- Vitamins B3 + B5 adds more hydration to make your hair look and feel much healthier
- Comes in a bottle with a pump dispenser and weighs 704 ml
- Smells amazing
- Helps reduce split ends
L’Oreal Anti Hair Fall Shampoo
L’Oreal’s range of shampoos has won millions of hearts across the globe. Its Fall Repair 3x Anti Hair Fall Shampoo is recommended for anyone dealing with dull and brittle hair. If you’re looking for an affordable hairfall shampoo, go for this one without a doubt!
|Hair Type||Weak and Damaged Hair|
|Special Feature||Prevents hair loss|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Anti Hair Fall Shampoo:
- L’Oreal Fall Repair 3x Anti Hair Fall Shampoo provides nourishment to the hair roots
- It is generally recommended for managing hair fall problems
- It contains protein which helps to restructure hair fibre, thus making your hair stronger
- This L’Oreal shampoo also contains Arginine, which is an essential amino acid for hair growth and provides nourishment to the scalp and hair
- Regular use reduces hair fall
- Helps hair grow longer
- Makes hair follicles healthy
- Nourishes from roots to tips
- It can make hair oily
- Contains SLS
- Doesn’t increase hair volume
L’Oreal Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo
L’Oreal Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo gives hair body and density a thicker feeling and appearance. The shampoo penetrates the hair fibre from root to tip for fuller, healthier-looking hair. It is of the best-selling shampoos by the brand, and you must give it a try at least once!
|Special Feature||Makes hair thicker|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Volume Filler Thickening Shampoo:
- The shampoo works to develop texture from the inside in order to provide long-lasting volume
- Enriched with a variety of ingredients that work together to strengthen and thicken the hair
- Helps in stimulating hair growth while improving hair density
- Has a pleasant fragrance that lingers in the hair for a while after washing
- Effectively cleanses scalp
- Lessens dryness
- Pleasant odour
- Makes hair thicker
- Not suitable for coloured hair
L’Oreal Colour Protect Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris Colour Protect Shampoo is specially meant for artificially coloured hair. If you’re struggling with managing your coloured or chemically-treated hair, this shampoo can be your holy grail!
|Hair Type||Chemically Treated Hair|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal Colour Protect Shampoo:
- This shampoo has the goodness of a UV filter that keeps your hair healthy
- Has a Light Reflecting System that nourishes hair and smoothens its surface
- Gives the hair a silky touch and protects the hair fibre from external damage, enhancing the radiance of coloured hair
- Also safeguards your hair from pollutants
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 704 ml
- Helps in protecting your hair from UV rays
- Pleasant fragrance
- Good for oily hair and scalp
- Can make your hair dry and tangled
- A conditioner is a must with this shampoo
- Not recommended for dry scalp and hair
L’Oreal EverStrong Sulfate Free Thickening Shampoo
The L’Oreal EverStrong Thickening Sulfate-free Shampoo strengthens delicate, fine hair for thicker-looking hair. The method nourishes the hair, making it stronger. The shampoo includes Rosemary leaf that gives thin hair a full, healthy appearance.
|Hair Type||Dull, Colour Treated, Fine, Thick, Thin Hair|
|Special Feature||Sulphate Free, Reduces split ends|
Prominent Features of the L’Oreal EverStrong Sulfate Free Thickening Shampoo:
- Features a sulfate-free formula with rosemary extracts that provide strength to thin hair
- Promotes the appearance of thicker hair and prevents hair fall
- Strengthens thin, delicate hair and provides a fresh aromatic fragrance
- Not only provides a cleansing and refreshing experience but leaves hair deeply nourished, smooth, and shiny
- Strengthens and nourishes hair
- Makes hair look healthy
- Lathers well
- Gentle on coloured hair
- Price is slightly high
- Needs to be followed up with conditioner
So, whether you have dry, damaged hair or a sensitive scalp, you can ensure that a L’Oreal shampoo is out there just waiting to remove all your hair woes.
How to Use L’Oreal Paris Shampoo?
L’Oreal Paris hair care line includes a variety of shampoos that cater to different hair types and concerns. In order to use your shampoo, follow these steps.
Step 1: Choose the Right Shampoo
L’Oreal Paris offers a wide range of shampoos, each formulated to address specific hair concerns. For example, if you have dry hair, you may want to try the L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo. If you have coloured hair, you may want to try the L’Oreal Colour Protect Shampoo. Choose a shampoo that suits your hair type and concerns.
Step 2: Wet Hair and Apply Shampoo
Next, wet your hair thoroughly with lukewarm water. Take a small amount of shampoo in your palm and rub your hands together to create a lather. Apply the shampoo to your scalp and hair, massaging gently with your fingertips. Make sure you cover all areas of your scalp and hair.
Step 3: Rinse Thoroughly
Keep the shampoo in your hair for around three minutes. Then rinse your hair with cold water until all the shampoo is removed. Make sure there are no traces of shampoo left in your hair
Step 5: Condition Your Hair
After shampooing, it’s important to condition your hair to keep it soft and hydrated. Choose a L’Oreal conditioner that is designed for your hair type and apply it to the mid-lengths and ends of your hair. Leave it on for a few minutes and rinse thoroughly with water.
Step 6: Dry Your Hair
Gently towel-dry your hair and let it air dry. That’s all. With regular use, you’ll notice an improvement in the overall health and appearance of your hair.
Having good-quality shampoo is essential to have healthier and shinier hair. In this article, we have listed some of the best L’Oreal Shampoos in India based on their formulas, ingredients, and benefits. While we really love the Anti Hairfall Shampoo, Total Repair 5 Shampoo, and Oil Nourish Shampoo, let us know which one you like the most!
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the top Himalaya shampoos that you can rely on.
Which is the best shampoo from L’Oreal?
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo has been voted as the best among the entire range of L’Oreal shampoos. This shampoo helps fight against five hair problems – breakage, dullness, roughness, dryness, and split ends. All girls suffer from such hair problems from time to time, and if you too are suffering from any of these, then this shampoo is a must-try.
What is the price of L’Oreal shampoo?
L’Oreal shampoos have a wide range of varieties meant for different hair types. The price of the shampoos varies from product to product. Usually, L’Oreal shampoos have a higher price range as compared to other brands. For instance, L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo is priced at Rs 155, while L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Shampoo is priced at Rs 2349.
Is L’Oreal shampoo good for hair growth?
L’Oreal Professionnel Mythic Oil Nourishing Shampoo contains the goodness of natural oils that get absorbed into the scalp, providing deep nourishment to the hair and promoting hair growth. Even L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Shampoo is known to add volume to the hair and works as a great hair repair formula.
Want to grow your hair naturally? If yes, then read our guide about the best onion oils for hair growth in India.
Which L’Oreal shampoo is best for straight hair?
Straight hair looks best when it’s sleek, smooth, and frizz-free. The L’Oreal Paris Elvive Smooth Intense line is a hair care system that, when used together, helps to soften and tame rough hair texture and reduce frizz. No flat, stiff, or dull results are obtained with this shampoo.
If you are looking to straighten your hair, check out our guide about the best hair straighteners in India.
How is L’Oreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo?
L’Oreal Total Repair 5 shampoo aims to address 5 hair problems – breakage, dryness, roughness, dullness and split ends. It is suitable for all hair types.
How to use L’Oreal shampoo?
L’Oreal shampoo can be used in just three simple steps:
Step 1: Take a considerable amount of shampoo and evenly spread it on your wet hair.
Step 2: Massage gently for a minute and work up a lather.
Step 3: Rinse thoroughly with clean water.
For best results, follow L’Oreal Shampoo with a L’Oreal conditioner.
Which L’Oreal shampoo is best for dry hair?
L’Oreal 6 Oil Nourish Shampoo is best suited for dry hair. This shampoo is enriched with Almond, Jojoba, Coconut, Camelina, Olive, and Argan oil. It provides deep nourishment and conditioning to hair without making it look greasy. You can also check the best shampoos for dry hair in India.
What are the ingredients in L’Oreal shampoo?
Each L’Oreal shampoo has a different list of ingredients. Though some of the common ingredients include Aqua/water, sodium laureth sulfate, coco-betaine, Laureth-5, carboxylic acid, cocamide mipa, dimethicone, sodium chloride, Polyquaternium-10, ppg-5-ceteth-20, sodium benzoate, Laureth-2, salicylic acid, limonene, methyl cocoate, hexyl cinnamal, coumarin, Linalool, butylphenyl methylpropional, benzyl alcohol, sodium cocoate, hydroxycitronellal, argania Spinosa oil/argania Spinosa kernel oil, Persea gratissima oil/avocado oil, Gossypium herbaceum oil/cottonseed oil, Vitis vinifera seed oil/grapeseed oil, Amyl cinnamal, sodium hydroxide, citric acid, perfume/fragrance.
Which is the best L’Oreal Shampoo for hair fall?
L’Oreal Professional Fall Repair 3x Anti Hair Fall Shampoo is specially designed to prevent hair fall and reduce hair breakage. This shampoo helps to nourish hair roots. It contains protein and arginine, which work together to restructure hair fibre thus making your hair stronger.
Check out the best herbal shampoos for hairfall.
What are the best hair products available for dry and brittle hair?
The best hair products for dry and brittle hair are L’Oreal Fall Repair 3x Anti Hair Fall Shampoo, L’Oreal Paris Total Repair 5 Shampoo, L’Oreal Paris Extraordinary Clay Shampoo, L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Shampoo, L’Oreal Paris Professionel Mythic Oil Nourishing Shampoo as they hydrate your hair making it soft and manageable.
What are the best L’Oreal products for curly hair in India?
The best products for curly hair are L’Oreal Paris EverSleek Smoothing System Intense Shampoo, L’Oreal Paris 6 Oil Nourish Shampoo, and L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Shampoo, as they nourish your hair, making it smooth while getting rid of roughness. Want to add beautiful curls to your look? If yes, then check out the best hair curlers in India for the best results.
Are there any tried and tested methods to get rid of dandruff?
Shampooing your hair twice or thrice a week and regular oiling are some tried and tested methods to get rid of dandruff. You can use L’oreal Fall Resist Anti Dandruff Shampoo to fight dandruff most effectively. This formula cleanses the scalp from dandruff, dirt, and oil without making the hair dry or frizzy. Check out some simple home remedies to get rid of dandruff.
How do I make my hair shiny and voluminous?
To make your hair shiny and voluminous, choose the right shampoo according to your hair type. Shampoo twice or thrice a week, and then condition your hair after each wash. Limit the use of heating irons.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of qualified researchers who put in hours to understand what makes a certain product better than the rest. For the L’Oreal Shampoo blog, we considered factors such as hair type, hair concern, ingredients, and formula to create a truly useful list for you. Since we aim to make online shopping hassle-free for our users, you will only find authentic and reliable suggestions here!
Read more About other Hair Care Stories: