Mustard oil extract contains all the nutritional advantages of the seed. It is among the healthiest oils and gives a fragrant flavour to any cuisine. Mustard oil complements Indian cooking methods, food, and lifestyle and is a highly effective natural stimulant. It stimulates digestive fluids and bile juices in the spleen and liver, promoting digestion and increasing appetite. In case you are in the market looking for the best mustard oil brands that offer high quality and affordable pricing, you are in luck because we have curated a list of these brands for you. To pick the best brand of mustard oil, check out our list.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Best Mustard Oil Brands for You?
Mustard oil is excellent for cooking because of its high smokey flavor and balanced nutritional profile. It is a natural oil that is derived from healthy seeds. It has been used for generations and is a perfect partner in the kitchen. Today the market is packed with brands committing to delivering healthy and organic mustard oil. However, only some of them are true to their words. We have mentioned such brands that you won’t regret buying. You can get your hands on these best mustard oil brands on a budget of Rs 200 to Rs 500.
Before you move ahead, have a look at the factors that we took into consideration for curating this list.
Colour is a prominent parameter to consider while choosing a mustard oil. It should be clear and transparent. We tested all the oils on the basis of their ensure and added the one we found pure.
The pungent and strong smell of the oil describes its purity. We checked all the mustard oil brands for the signature pungent aroma before adding them to the list.
How oil is manufactured is another important factor that you can’t neglect. There are different ways of manufacturing, amongst which cold-pressed technology is one of the most famous. We deeply understood the process of oil manufacturing of every brand to ensure the right addition.
List of The Top 12 Mustard Oil Brands In India
Dhara is an edible oil brand under Mother Dairy, a subsidiary of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB). Trust advisory ranks Dhara as the 3rd most desired edible oil brand in India. It has been trusted by mothers for over 80 years for its purity and finest quality product. Over the years, it has revamped its packaging and come out to be a premium-looking brand.
- Rice bran oil
- Mustard oil
- Sunflower oil
- Groundnut oil
Prominent Features of the Dhara Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil:
- Dhara Mustard Oil is recognised for its pungent flavour and aroma
- It is an excellent source of natural alfa linolenic acid and monounsaturated fatty acid
- It uses Low Absorb Technology and contains vitamins A and D2, which are highly beneficial for health
- Comes in different sizes of packaging, from 500 ml pouch to 15 litres tin
- Rich in Omega-3
- Made from quality seeds
- Improves digestion
- Easy availability both online and offline
- Packaging quality could be better
Why We Picked the Dhara Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil?
Dhara is one of the top mustard oil brands in India, and its Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil has one of the lowest saturated fatty acid contents of any edible oil. It is a trusted kitchen partner with a strong aroma and high pungency level. This authentic flavoured oil enhances the cooking experience and adds a unique flavour to the food without disturbing its beneficial properties.
Dabur, India’s leading natural healthcare and Ayurvedic products company and considered as one of the top cooking oil manufacturers in India, entered the edible oil segment in September 2020. It is one of the fastest-growing mustard oil manufacturers in India and offers good-quality cold-pressed mustard oil. It is the fourth largest FMCG Company and has a wide range of products other than oils. In short, it is a one-stop solution for all your grocery needs.
- Dabur Chyawanprash
- Mustard oil
- Hair oil
Prominent Features of the Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil:
- It is extracted from the finest quality seeds and has great flavour and aroma
- The cold-pressed process preserves mustard’s natural qualities and health advantages
- It is high in monounsaturated fatty acids making it heart-friendly and thus beneficial to the heart
- The Dabur cold-pressed mustard oil lowers cholesterol, boosts digestion, and promotes the circulation of blood.
- Aids digestion and maintains cholesterol level
- Gives a delicious twist to dishes
- Premium and pure oil
- Good aroma and taste
- Fragrance is not that strong
Why We Picked the Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil?
Dabur Cold Pressed Mustard Oil is one of the finest oils with natural properties and several health benefits. It is a perfect blend of health benefits, taste, and aroma and has a good ratio of omega -3 and omega-6 fatty acids. Consuming this unrefined oil relieves sinus congestion, improves digestion, and is good for heart health.
Shree Hari Industries (Hari Oil Mills) is an Indian edible oil production company that owns the Engine brand. It was established in 1959 by Lala Haricharan Lal Agarwal, and since then, it has captured a large share of the market with its finest quality oils. The company got Udyog Pratibha and Udyog ratan awards in 2001 and 2006, respectively and became one of the most popular mustard oil manufacturers in India.
- Engine til oil
- Engine soya bean oil
- Engine mustard oil
Prominent Features of the Engine Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil:
- It is made from handpicked mustard seeds in a contemporary setting utilising a traditional procedure
- This oil preserves the strong pungency and natural qualities, which helps in improving the flavour of the meal
- It is free from adulteration and does not use any additives during the extraction process
- Comes in a wide range of packaging, from tins to pouches to bottles
- Several health benefits
- Naturally sharp flavour
- Comes in food-grade containers
- Retains high pungency
- Little expensive compared to other oils
Why We Picked the Engine Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil?
An outstanding product for cooking Indian cuisine, Engine Kacchi Ghani Mustard Oil has always been a popular choice among customers. It has antioxidants and vitamins and has achieved the highest pungency level. Regular usage of this oil works wonders in preventing early ageing, reduces the change of heart diseases, and strengthens red blood cells.
Patanjali Ayurved Limited is an Indian consumer packaged goods company established by Swami Ramdev and Balkrishna. It is one of the leading Ayurveda products companies in India, offering a variety of food products, cosmetics, and Ayurvedic medicine. Patanjali Group’s revenue in the fiscal year 2020-21 was over 30,000 crore.
- Patanjali mustard oil
- Patanjali ghee
- Patanjali toothpaste
- Patanjali chyawanprash
Prominent Features of the Patanjali mustard oil:
- It is made with a cold press extraction process and has a dark amber colour with a strong, pungent smell
- The oil is full of monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFA), making it perfect for including in a regular diet
- Enriched with Vitamin A, D, and E, this oil has a strong and rich taste which enhances the flavour of food
- Rich in flavour
- Pungent aroma
- High in monounsaturated fatty acids
- Makes hair voluminous
- The packaging is not so sturdy or of high quality
Why We Picked the Patanjali mustard oil?
Patanjali mustard oil is extracted by crushing the best quality mustard seeds at a low temperature to maintain the natural characteristics and antioxidants in the oil. The oil is rich in vitamins and has anti-microbial properties to keep food preserved. The flavour of the oil is robust and rich. Patanjali mustard oil can be utilised as a pickle preservative to keep it intact for a long time.
NatureLand Organics is a Rajasthan-based organic food company founded in 2002 by two agriculturist brothers, Ajeet and Arvind Godara. It is known for providing healthy and pious food items that are free from pesticides and artificial colours. Apart from quality food, it is also known for quality, biodegradable packaging. If you are looking for 100% natural & healthy items, NatureLand Organics is the brand for you.
- Mustard oil
- Fruit jam
- Groundnut oil
Prominent Features of the NatureLand Organics Mustard Oil:
- NatureLand Organics Cold processed filtered mustard oil has a particularly pungent aroma that adds flavour to your dishes
- The mechanisms, processes, and functions ensure the quality of the product from start to finish
- The oil is FSSAI and USDA Organic certified to be safe and secure to use
- Contains calcium, protein, and omega-3 fatty acids, along with vitamins
- Good for health
- It has multipurpose usage
- Improves heart health
- Pure, organic oil
Emami Agrotech Limited is an Emami Group company, a global conglomerate based in Kolkata, India. It has modern production facilities in West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, and Gujarat. Established in 1974, today it has a portfolio of over 300 quality products. It operates in more than 60 countries and serves its customers with the best-in-class products.
- Hair oil
- Mustard oil
- Glow cream
- Cold cream
Prominent Features of the Emami Mustard Oil:
- It is made from freshly pressed mustard seeds and gives a fragrant flavour to the cuisine
- The oil is widely used cooking oil and is excellent for preserving pickles and deep-frying
- It has digestive characteristics that keep the stomach healthy by neutralising pollutants
- Traditionally created from the initial pressing of mustard seeds, it preserves flavours and adds to the delicacy of your dishes
- No cholesterol
- Has more antioxidants
- Prevents early ageing
- Different sizes of packaging
- The smell isn’t that sharp
Fortune is a subsidiary food product and edible oil brand of the consumer goods company Adani Wilmar. The Economic Times Brand Equity 2020 named Fortune as one of India’s top 100 most trusted brands. Trust Research Advisory named Fortune as India’s top appealing edible oil brand in 2016 as well.
- Mustard oil
- Refined sunflower oil
- Refined oil
- Soya bean oil
- Basmati rice
Prominent Features of the Fortune Mustard Oil:
- Fortune mustard oil is extracted from the purest quality mustard seeds
- It prevents indigestion and keeps your foods and pickles fresher for longer
- Mustard Oil is rich in Omega 3 and 6, Vitamins A and E, Beta Carotene, and PUFA (Polyunsaturated fatty acids)
- It is 100% pure oil with a long shelf life and no cholesterol making it a good choice
- Sturdy plastic packaging
- 5 convenient sizes are available
- Make hair health better
- Easy availability and affordable
Why We Picked the Fortune Mustard Oil?
Fortune Mustard Oil is pure and pungent oil with a powerful scent. It is generally derived using cold pressing technology of fine quality mustard seeds. It ensures flavourful cooking while preserving its natural qualities and benefits. This oil is made with 100% mustard and is unadulterated along with zero cholesterol making it good for heart health, digestion, skin, and hair.
Anveshan is an Indian homegrown start-up founded by IIT Guwahati graduates Akhil Kansal, Aayushi Khandelwal, and Kuldeep Parewa. Anveshan offers high-quality products, ranging from desi ghee to wood-pressed oils to stone-ground spices to raw honey and superfood seeds. It ensures delivering wholesome, chemical-free and preservative-free food items that have all the natural nutrients and flavours intact.
- Cow ghee
- Stone ground spices
- Mustard oil
- Black sesame oil
Prominent Features of the Anveshan Mustard Oil:
- The Anveshan organic mustard oil is extracted through the Kolhu machine, which is a classic way of producing oil through the Kolhu wood-pressing process
- It helps to keep the purity and health benefits of mustard oil in contrast to the current manner of refined oil manufacturing
- It is 100% natural and has rich properties that help in curing colds, skin infections, and hair growth
- This is a premium quality oil that is unrefined, unbleached, and, most importantly, organic
- No preservatives or chemicals
- Adds fantastic flavour to food
- Helps clear congestion
- Undergoes strict quality check
- Comes with a hefty price tag
Organic India is a homegrown multinational corporation based in Lucknow that offers authentic organic healthcare products and solutions for healthy living. It is a trustworthy and innovative global leader that is committed to quality and ensures no compromise with the benefits of the product. The brand delivers genuine organic food items that are certified safe. Hence, it has become one of the best brands for mustard oil or other food items in India.
- Virgin coconut oil
- Sesame oil
- Mustard oil
Prominent Features of the Organic India Mustard Oil:
- Organic India’s kacchi ghani mustard oil comes with the beneficial properties of mustard in a glass container
- It naturally includes PUFA, MUFA, omega 6 and omega 3, which enhance its nutritional value and makes it beneficial for health.
- The oil is a very strong stimulant and helps in excretion, circulation, and digestion, along with acting as a good appetiser.
- Contains no preservatives
- Argemone oil-free
- Superhly high quality oil
- Beautiful packaging
Shree Aashirwad is a Rajasthan-based food start-up founded by Keshav Agro Industries. It started its journey back in 2019 with a motive to serve the best quality and healthiest oil to customers across the country. In the past two years, it has witnessed glorious milestones and achieved a label of a leading edible oil company in India. If you are looking for fresh and healthy oils, this is the brand to look for.
- Almond oil
- Cow pure ghee
- Coconut oil
- Sesame oil
- Mustard oil
Prominent Features of the Shree Aashirwad Mustard Oil:
- Shree Aashirwad mustard oil contains all-natural and high-quality seeds that are then processed in licensed farms of Rajasthan under observation
- This cold-pressed extracted oil is unrefined and has culinary and therapeutic properties
- It improves the flavour of any dish and contains strong Omega -3 and Omega -6 ratios to attain health goals
- The oil is produced with all-natural and quality seeds that are handpicked from fresh produce
- Ensures high quality
- Powerful antibacterial agent
- Enhances the taste of food
- Availability might be an issue
24 Mantra Organic
24 Mantra Organic is unquestionably one of India’s best brands for pure and organic edible oils. It is a trusted and genuine brand that is committed to high-quality, chemical-free products. This brand was started back in 1992 by Raj Seelam, and today, it has more than 15,000 outlets across the country and abroad as well. It has a wide range of organic products that you must explore for a healthy lifestyle.
Prominent Features of the 24 Mantra Organic Mustard Oil:
- It is 100% mustard oil organic that is grown without synthetic pesticides, chemicals, and artificial colours
- The oil is rich in antioxidants and carries a strong anti-microbial property that is extremely good for health
- It is wholesome, fresh and healthy with no cholesterol, fats, preservative, or chemical fertilisers
- With its strong flavour and aroma, it adds a unique flavour to the food and makes it tasty and lip-smacking
- Multipurpose usage, i.e. for cooking, massage, etc.
- Unadulterated and cold-pressed oil
- A good source of antioxidants
- Not too many sizes available
Pure & Sure
Pure & Sure is a 20 years old brand that is highly regarded for the purity and surety of its produce. It is a brand that believes in organic farming and helps people to live smart and healthy life. P&S brings pure, clean, and organic food items that are grown naturally with no artificial fertilisers or chemicals. It is the best-suited brand for daily cooking purposes that you must check out.
Prominent Features of the Pure & Sure Organic Mustard Oil:
- It is a hygienic and organic oil that is made with the finest quality mustard seeds using cold-pressed technology
- The oil is 100% natural with no artificial colours, chemicals, preservatives, pesticides, as well as GMO
- It is a rich and aromatic oil that enhances the taste of the food, improves hair growth, and diminishes skin infections
- Tasty and rich flavour
- Easy availability
- Beautiful, sturdy packaging
- Free from cholesterol and sodium
Mustard oil is a pure natural extract of mustard seeds and is packed with numerous benefits. It is commonly found in every household and is one of the common oil varieties used for various purposes. The above-mentioned are some of the best brands for mustard oil. While all the additions are top-notch options to consider, we love using Dabur, 24 Mantra Organic, and Dhara mustard oils for excellent purity, easy availability, and affordable price. Let us know which one you like the most and are planning to purchase.
Which is the best brand of mustard oil in India?
There are various brands offering quality mustard oils in India, such as Dhara, Engine, Dabur, and Patanjali. Dhara is the best mustard oil brand in India, apart from other good options such as Emami and Organic India.
Which mustard oil is good for health?
Kacchi Ghani, or cold-pressed mustard oil, is good for health as it is natural and retains the nutritional properties of the oil.
Is Dabur mustard oil pure?
Yes, Dabur offers pure mustard oil made of the finest quality mustard seeds.
Is Patanjali mustard oil pure?
Patanjali mustard oil is extracted from fresh mustard seeds, which makes Patanjali mustard oil pure.
Is Dabur mustard oil good?
Yes, Dabur mustard oil is good. It invigorates digestion, manages cholesterol, and improves the circulation of blood in the body.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of highly qualified, skilled, and enthusiastic researchers who spend hours testing different brands and products to compile a list of the best suggestions. For this best mustard oil brand in India blog, we have considered several factors while studying or testing the products like the color of the oil, ingredients, manufacturing process, packaging, availability, sizes, and price. Our aim is to provide you with the best suggestions and make shopping a hassle-free experience.