Oils are the very essence of Indian cooking, and we consume them almost every day. They give great flavour to our dishes and are versatile for making puris, parathas, omelettes, and Indian curries. However, the consumption of unhealthy oils can trigger your cholesterol levels and degrade your cardiovascular health.
A lot of people suffer from health issues such as weight gain, high cholesterol levels, and heart problems that can turn fatal. To tackle this, many brands have come up with super healthy refined oils that will balance your cholesterol and keep your health in check all the time. If you’re considering changing your cooking oils, here are the best-refined oil brands in India that you can choose from.
Our Top Picks
How Do We Choose the Best Refined Oils for You?
With an influx of health-conscious people in India, many brands have come up with healthier oil options for everyday meals. In India, you can get good quality refined oil ranging from Rs 70 to Rs 799 or more. Here are some important factors we considered before curating this list.
We added a lot of products that are extracted using the cold pressed method to offer you the highest nutritional value in your foods. All the brands mentioned below use premium ingredients to make their products, and you can trust them without a doubt.
Quality and Flavour
The refined oils mentioned below have a nice, rich, and fruity taste and are aromatic to enhance your meals. We also added non-aromatic oils for people who don’t like any oily fragrance in their foods. They also have low-absorption properties which prevent the food from absorbing unnecessary amounts of oil.
List of 16 Best Refined Oil Brands in India
Saffola is the flagship brand of the prominent consumer goods company Marico. It was originally founded in the year 1960 but then rebranded when Harsh Mariwala took over in the year 1990. It is one of the most famous oil brands in the country and generated a revenue of more than Rs 4,379 Crore in 2020. You can find a wide range of oil products under this brand, and each product has exceptional qualities.
Prominent Features of the Saffola Active Refined Cooking Oil:
- Blend of rice bran oil and soybean oil, which is perfect for everyday meals
- Has LOSORB technology to prevent food from absorbing a lot of oil
- Rich in Omega-3 and alpha-linolenic acid, which keeps your cholesterol in check
- Dual Seed Technology offers a good balance of PUFA and MUFA to make the oil even healthier for you
- Contains Vitamins A and D as well
- High smoke point
- Nutritious option
- Great taste
Why We Picked the Saffola Active Refined Cooking Oil?
Saffola Active is the perfect cooking oil for people who like to keep track of their weight and lead a healthy lifestyle. It comes with LOSORB Technology that ensures that your food absorbs 27% lesser oil than regular oils. It also has Omega 3, which keeps your cholesterol levels down.
Fortune was founded in 2000 and is one of the largest edible oil brands in India. It is owned by Adani Wilmar Limited, with headquarters in Ahmedabad. The brand focuses on creating oils that are just as healthy as they are tasty. It has launched several products that are suitable for people with diabetes, high blood pressure, and other similar ailments.
Prominent Features of the Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil:
- Healthy and tasty oil extracted from supreme quality mustard seeds
- Cold-pressed extraction ensures that you get the best of taste and nutrition with this oil
- Rich in omega 3 and 6, fatty acids, and multivitamins
- It is high in PUFA and has a nice pungent aroma
- Comes in packs, bottles, and jars
- Naturally cholesterol-free
- Keeps digestive health in check
- Has an aromatic taste
Why We Picked the Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil?
The Fortune Premium Kachi Ghani Pure Mustard Oil is made with supreme quality mustard seeds. The cold-pressed method to retrieve oil works really well and helps the oil to retain its original nutritional value. The pungent and flavourful aroma of this oil will enhance the taste of your food and make it even more delicious.
Dhara is a leading edible oil brand in India that is owned by Mother Dairy. It was founded in 1988 and became really popular for its fine-quality oil. You can get groundnut oil, sunflower seed oil, vegetable oil, and mustard oil under this brand. The brand claims to produce 100% original products and has gained a massive customer base in India because of its uncompromised quality.
Prominent Features of the Dhara Groundnut Oil:
- Double-filtered groundnut oil extracted using the best practices
- It is rich in Vitamins E and D, making it a healthier choice
- Has naturally balanced SFA, MUFA, and PUFA
- Low Absorb technology prevents food from absorbing unnecessary oil
- Comes in a jar and weighs 5 l
- Amazing taste and aroma
- Vitamin-rich oil
- Healthier choice
Why We Picked the Dhara Groundnut Oil?
The Dhara Groundnut Oil is a light and healthy oil that is perfect for everyday cooking. It is enriched with Vitamin A & D2, which help improve your overall health. The low-absorb technology allows the food to absorb a lot less oil as compared to normal oils.
Figaro is a Spanish brand that became the most popular olive oil brand in India. It was founded in 1919 by Euvaldo Martinez Brugier and Rafael Trujillo. The brand came to India almost 40 years ago and has made a huge mark in the industry with its high-quality products. You can apply the oil to your hair and skin and cook hearty meals with it as well.
Prominent Features of the Figaro Olive Oil:
- Fruity aromatic oil extracted from the finest quality olives
- Enriched with the goodness of Vitamin E and antioxidants to prioritise your health
- Has a high smoke point, so you can do all types of cooking using this oil
- A great addition to a weight watcher’s die
- Comes in a can and weighs 1L
- Nice fruity taste
- Metal tin maintains the integrity of the oil
- High in MUFA
Why We Picked the Figaro Olive Oil?
The Figaro Olive Oil is rich in antioxidants and has great nutritional value which makes it an ideal choice for health-conscious people. You can do all kinds of cooking, such as deep-frying, shallow frying, and pan-frying, with this oil without having to worry. Since the oil comes in a metal tin, it helps maintain its integrity for a long time.
Dalda is no doubt one of the most popular ghee and vegetable oil brands in India and South Asia. It is counted among the most longstanding edible oil brand in the country, with a solid clientele. The brand was famous for its ghee but recently launched its oils which became a huge hit in the market.
Prominent Features of the Dalda Mustard Oil:
- Fine-quality mustard oil extracted through the cold-processed method
- Loaded with Vitamins A, D, E and beta carotene
- Has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, and anti-viral properties, which makes it an amazing addition to your food
- Also has oleic acid and linoleic acid, which are great for your hair
- Good for digestive health
- Cold-pressed extraction
Why We Picked the Dalda Mustard Oil?
Dalda’s Mustard Oil is one of its top-selling products and is loved by a lot of people due to its supreme quality. It comes in a plastic bottle, a pouch, and even a can. The best thing about Dalda products is that they are priced very economically, so you will get great quality and flavour without spending too much.
Oleev is a leading olive oil brand in India that is owned by Modi Naturals. The brand was founded in the year 1974 and has made a significant mark in the Indian oil industry ever since. You will get a wide variety of oils, such as olive oil and rice bran oil, under this range which are healthy and very tasty.
Prominent Features of the Oleev Active Oil:
- The Oleev Active Oil is a fine blend of olive oil and rice bran oil, perfect for everyday cooking
- If you are conscious about your health, this is a great oil to cook your daily meals in
- It has an Energocules formula that keeps you active and energized all day long
- Has Sci-fri technology which makes it ideal for deep frying
- Keeps you energised
- High smoke point
- Less oil absorption
We all know Emami because of its popular antiseptic cream Boro Plus. It was founded in the year 1974 by R.S. Goenka and RS Agarwal. The brand retails healthcare, medicinal, and food products that are sold across 65+ countries across the globe. Emami generated a revenue of around Rs 20,000 Crore in 2020 and continues to develop even further with its top-notch products.
Prominent Features of the Emami Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil:
- Emami Kachi Ghani Mustard Oil is extracted from the finest mustard seeds
- It is free of cholesterol and rich in vitamins to ensure that you stay fit and healthy all the time
- You can easily buy it in pouch packaging online or at your nearby store
- Rich in Vitamins A, D, and E and omega 3
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 5 l
- Heart-friendly cooking oil
- Has no cholesterol
- Great aroma
Launched in 2003 by Agro Tech Foods, Sundrop is a popular oil brand in India. It is associated with ConAgra Brands, Inc, which is one of the largest edible oils and foods brands in the U.S.
Prominent Features of the Sundrop Heart Oil:
- Sundrop Heart is a blend of rice bran and sunflower oil that tastes incredible and is super healthy for you too
- The oil is enriched with the bio-active component ‘Oryzanol’
- It helps in reducing cholesterol levels in your body
- Comes in multiple size variants
- Vitamin-rich oil
- Light and tasty
Patanjali gained a lot of momentum in the Indian market due to the famous Yoga guru Baba Ramdev. The brand was founded in 2006 by Balkrishna and Baba Ramdev and specialized in creating ayurvedic and natural products. You can find ayurvedic medicine, food products, grocery, and grooming products under this brand. It is a popular choice amongst many Indian due to its reasonable prices.
Prominent Features of the Patanjali Sesame Oil:
- This Sesame Oil has a rich and nutty flavour that makes your dishes taste a lot better
- It is a healthier alternative to highly processed oil which only increases your cholesterol levels
- You can use it every day cooking and even add it to your salads
- Low in cholesterol which keeps your heart health in check
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 1 l
- Helps lower blood pressure
- It can be used for cooking, frying, and drizzling over salads
- Good source of healthy fats
Nature Fresh was launched in the year 2012 by Cargill India, and there has been no looking back ever since. The brand focuses on creating products that are healthy for you and taste great. You can buy great quality atta and oils under this brand that are high in nutritional content.
Prominent Features of the Nature Fresh Actilife Soyabean Oil:
- The Nature Fresh Actilife Soyabean oil is a great choice for everyday cooking
- It has a very light consistency that doesn’t feel too greasy
- The oil works really well with Indian recipes
- It features 15% less oil absorption in your cooked food
- Rich source of Vitamins A, D, and E, and omega-3
- Has no smell, which makes it perfect for cooking different recipes
- Light consistency
- Value for money
When it comes to olive oils, Borges is a brand that has made a huge name for itself. This Spanish brand was founded in 1896 by Pont Creus and has its headquarters in Tàrrega, Catalonia, Spain. Borges exports its products to over 150 countries across the globe.
Prominent Features of the Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- This Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Borges is extracted using the cold-pressed method to retain its original nutritional value
- It has no added preservatives and is a much healthier alternative to ghee and other oils
- Has a nice fruity essence of olives that enhances your dishes even more
- Comes in multiple size options
- Amazing flavour
- No added preservatives
- Good for your health
Del Monte is a leading food production company based in Walnut Creek, California. It was founded in the year 1886 and exports to several countries around the globe today. The brand is famous for creating authentic food products so that you can enjoy them wherever you are in the world.
Prominent Features of the Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- This Extra Virgin Olive is one of the best-selling oils from Del Monte
- It is rich in monounsaturated fatty acids, which are highly beneficial for your health
- You can cook your favourite recipes in it and use it as a dressing on salads or hummus
- Extracted using this cold press method for maximum nutrient retention
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 1 l
- Has a shelf life of 12 months
- The rich taste and aroma
- Contains antioxidants
Launched in the year 2013, DiSano is a top player in the healthy foods industry in India. It focuses on creating authentic international flavours for your dining tables. Its products include olive oil, peanut butter, canola oils, apple cider vinegar, and pasta.
Prominent Features of the DiSano Extra Light Olive Oil:
- This Extra Light Olive Oil from DiSano is made from the highest quality olives all the way from Spain
- It has a nice and rich aroma and is really low in cholesterol, making it perfect for people with health problems
- The oil is extracted using the cold-pressed method
- A great option for salads, dressings, and drizzling over hummus
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 1 l
- Fruity, rich taste
- Has no trans fat and cholesterol
- Antioxidant-rich oil
Dabur is a leading products manufacturing company in India that was founded in the year 1884 by S.K. Burman. It is popular for producing ayurvedic and medicinal products. Being one of the largest FMCG companies in the country, Dabur generated a revenue of Rs 8,989 Crore in the year 2020.
Prominent Features of the Dabur Cold-Pressed Sesame Oil:
- This cold-pressed sesame oil is extracted from fine-quality sesame seeds using the cold-pressed method
- The cold-pressed method helps in obtaining the original nutritional value of the oil
- It is also rich in monosaturated fatty acids, which help you to take good care of your cardiovascular health
- Has the right balance of MUFA and PUFA
- Comes in a bottle and weighs 1 l
- Helps lower cholesterol
- Good for your heart health
- Has a good taste
Owned by Cargill India, Gemini is one of the best oil brands in the country. It is highly popular in Maharashtra and enjoys a lot of attention from other southern states as well. It is known for manufacturing premium quality oils that are priced economically.
Prominent Features of the Gemini Refined Sunflower Oil:
- This Refined oil is made with premium sunflower seeds
- It has a really nice smell which makes your food taste even better
- Comes with NutriFreshLock technology, which retains its freshness and taste for a long time
- Loaded with Vitamins A, D, and E
- Great taste
- No pungent smell
- A true value for money
Jivo has become one of the largest sellers of canola oil in India. The brand uses cold-pressed methods to obtain all of its oils which makes it highly beneficial for your health. If you are looking for a brand that doesn’t compromise on taste and the health quotient, consider using Jivo today.
Prominent Features of the Jivo Canola Oil:
- This Canola Oil has the lowest amounts of bad saturated fats
- Also has the highest amounts of monosaturated fats to improve your heart health
- It is the best option for people who are conscious of their weight
- Extracted using the cold press method to retain its nutrients
- Ideal for all kinds of cooking
- Helps keep heart health in check
- Great taste and aroma
Good quality oils are essential for cooking tasty and healthy meals. In this article, we have listed some of the best-refined oil brands in India based on their ingredients, extraction methods, taste, and quality. While we really love the products from Saffola, Fortune, and Dhara, let us know which ones you like the most.
What are the best-refined oil brands in India?
You can check out brands such as Saffola, Sundrop, Fortune, and Patanjali for the best edible oils in India.
Is cold-pressed oil better than hot-pressed?
Yes, the cold pressing method helps in the retention of the original nutritional content of the oil, which is much more beneficial for your health.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
We have a team of reliable researchers who study and try several products before curating these lists. For the refined oil blog, we considered factors such as taste, nutritional profile, and quality to offer you the best suggestions. Since our goal is to make online shopping a hassle-free experience for our users, you will never find a subpar product/brand here.