Extra Virgin Olive oil is recognised as one of the healthiest cooking oils globally. It is also known to offer many benefits to the hair and skin. Made by crushing freshly picked olives and extracting the oil from them without using heat or chemicals, it is also known to soothe inflammation. The oil is low in unhealthy fats, contains zero cholesterol, and strengthens the immune system. It can be used in multiple ways to reap maximum benefits. With numerous brands claiming to offer the best quality extra virgin olive oil, we have curated a list of the best olive oil brands in India to help you make an easy choice.
How Do We Choose the Best Olive Oil Options for You?
While shopping for the most suitable and healthiest olive oil can be daunting, you can easily do it with some knowledge and guidance. Every brand claims to be the best, but there are some qualities that validate that. Here, we will discuss what makes an option better than others. You can find good quality olive oil in India ranging from Rs 450 to Rs 1,200.
When buying olive oil, try and make freshness a priority. The fresher the oil, the better for you. Only go for oils that mention extra-virgin, unlike light or plain olive oil, which are most likely just refined oil options. The oil should also be churned through the cold-pressing method as that helps retain the nutritional goodness in the oil. Also, ensure that you don’t buy clear bottles and always go for darker glass bottles or opaque tins as sunlight is not good for olive oil. Here you can also check best soyabean oil brands & coconut oil brands in India
The brands mentioned below make some of the most highly-rated olive oils in India, so you can trust their quality without a doubt.
|Our Top Picks||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Del Monte||Check Prices|
List of the Top Olive Oil Brands to Try This Year
On this page:
Figaro brings a lot of nostalgia as several Indian households have relied on this product for decades. The brand was founded in 1919 by Euvaldo Martinez Brugier and Rafael Trujillo. The brand manufactures the best quality olive oil sourced from Spain. If you’re looking for a trusted brand that delivers authenticity and quality, go for Figaro!
Prominent Features of the Figaro Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Extracted from freshly picked Spanish olives known to possess properties that improve overall body health
- Loaded with antioxidants, MUFA, and PUFA, it helps lower cholesterol
- One of the best olive oil brands for regular consumption
- Can be used to sauté vegetables, temper chutneys, or drizzle over salads and soups
- This extra virgin olive oil has a durable tin packaging that makes it resistant to heat, light and air
- Sunlight-resistant packaging
- Exquisite flavours
- Rich in MUFA and PUFA
- Vitamin E enriched
- Free from chemical preservatives
- Some people may not like the smell
Borges is another foods company from Spain that rules the Indian market today. It was founded in 1896 by Pont Creus and has its headquarters in Tàrrega and Reus. The brand exports its fine quality products to over 120 countries worldwide and has an ever-growing customer base. It mainly retails olive oils, seed oils, vinegar, pasta, and nut drinks that are loved by everyone.
Prominent Features of the Borges Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- It is extracted from superior quality olives from the Mediterranean region
- This extra virgin olive oil is a natural source of antioxidants and healthy fats that can keep your heart health under check
- Helps increase the level of healthy fats in the body
- This olive oil has a mild flavour balanced between fruity, spicy and sharp
- Best olive oil for raw cooking like salads and bread
- Balanced flavour
- Use in salads and dressings
- Substitute for ghee and butter
- No trans fats
- Glass bottle needs extra care
3. Del Monte
Del Monte is one of the most renowned processed foods companies in the US and has a pretty solid network across the globe. The brand was launched in 1886 and has its headquarters based in California, US. It majorly manufactures canned fruits & veggies, ready-to-cook meals, veggie bowls, rice bowls, and pocket pies that are super delicious and convenient.
Prominent Features of the Del Monte Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Has a pleasant sour aroma and taste of freshly ground olives
- The oil is extracted under a temperature-controlled environment from the olives grown in Italy
- Contains zero trans fats and zero cholesterol, making it an ideal choice for fitness enthusiasts
- A rich source of Vitamin E, this olive oil can significantly improve skin and hair health
- Protects skin from harmful ultraviolet rays and other pollutants
- Has the right concentration of monosaturated fatty acids
- It is also free from argemone oil
- For raw cooking – dips, hummus, salads, etc
- Free from trans fats
- Promotes better heart health
- Rich in essential vitamins like A, D, and E
- May change colour after a while
Created in 2013, DiSano is a true haven for people who love authentic international flavours. This Indian brand relentlessly works to make healthy international foods more accessible to Indian buyers. Its range of products includes health juices, olives, olive oils, apple cider vinegar, pasta, and sauces that are to die for. If you’re looking for an affordable brand that delivers authentic taste and quality, check out DiSano!
Prominent Features of the DiSano Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Loaded with numerous benefits for the skin, hair, and body
- It is packed with essential vitamins, antioxidants, and good fats that boost energy to keep you active throughout the day
- This cold-pressed olive oil has an extraordinary taste and aroma, and you can drizzle it on your salad dressings, cook food
- Can also be applied to your hair and skin
- This olive oil can be used as a healthy low-calorie alternative to butter, ghee and regular cooking oils
- Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins
- MUFA and PUFA reduce the risk of diabetes
- Rich in flavour for raw cooking
- Organically extracted
- Comes in a transparent plastic bottle
5. Amazon Solimo
Solimo has become a popular choice in the last few years for its affordability and uncompromised quality. The brand gained traction due to its association with Amazon, which is a trusted e-commerce company in India. Solimo is one of the many brands owned by Amazon that retails homeware, kitchenware, and food products for Indian buyers.
Prominent Features of the Solimo Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Extracted with using cold-pressed techniques
- Can be used for cooking, and in your skincare and hair care regimen
- Free of trans fats, it can be consumed by everyone without the fear of rising cholesterol levels
- The oil can be used for salad dressings to enhance its taste, garnishing, and giving a glossy texture to the dish, marinating food, and sauteing vegetables
- Hosts nourishing antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids that improve overall health
- Can be applied directly to hair for better growth
- Enriched with omega-3 fatty acids
- Cold-pressed extraction for better aroma
- Use of marinating, garnishing, and light cooking
- May have an unpleasant taste
Sol is one of the finest avant-garde food brands that offer authentic Spanish flavours. The brand sources its olives from the fields of Spain and uses the best pressing techniques to churn great quality olive oil for you. It also manufactures spice mixes, avocado oils, Spanish saffron, and activated charcoal. You can easily get your hands on its products via Amazon. The brand has its headquarters in Spain and a pretty stellar distribution network in India.
Prominent Features of the Sol Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Extracted from premium quality Spanish olives, this one is loaded with the goodness of antioxidants that are good for your body and skin
- It has a rich fragrance and fresh taste that enhances the appearance and flavour of all your favourite dishes
- Replete with monosaturated fatty acids good for health
- Comes in a classy glass bottle to keep the aroma and taste intact and can be used for bread, pasta, and salads
- Made in Spain
- Good for skin
- Zero cholesterol
- Remains fresh longer
- Loaded with monosaturated fatty acids
- May have mild fruity flavour
Bertolli is a leading foods production company from Italy that has established itself well in the Indian market today. It was founded by Francesco Bertolli and his wife, Caterina, in 1865. Owned by Mizkan Holdings, the brand became popular with its extra virgin olive oil and expanded to other segments later. It was acquired by Unilever in 2008 and grew by leaps and bounds afterwards.
Prominent Features of the Bertolli Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Has a naturally intense and deep green colour, is much fruitier, and has a fresh and rich taste
- Suitable for marinades, salad dressings, soups, topping, dips, and lip-smacking chutneys
- Extracted from fresh handpicked olives without using heat or any other refining process
- Chemical-free product
- Prepared from organic olives, this one is free from GMO and completely safe for your family’s health
- No GMO or synthetic chemicals
- Rich taste
- Heatless production
- Ideal for hair and skin as well
- Bottle may leak
Colavita is no doubt one of the largest olive oil brands in the world of American origin. The brand was founded by John J. Profaci in 1978 and became a hit since all of its products were sourced from Italy and distributed in the US. It has expanded pretty well and has a great presence in the Indian market as well. It retails the finest quality olive oils that taste and smell super authentic and pure.
Prominent Features of the Colavita Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Made from olives picked from the finest groves of Europe
- This extra virgin olive oil is a perfect blend of fruity and spicy flavours.
- Ideal for roasting, baking, dressing as well as making marinades
- It is USDA-approved organic product extracted from olives grown without herbicides and pesticides
- Comes in a glass bottle
- Organic olive oil
- Cholesterol free
- Cold-pressed extraction
- Delicate blend of flavours
- May taste a little bitter
Oleev is a popular Indian olive oil brand that is owned by Modi Naturals. The brand promotes healthy and tasty eating with its wide range of oils. You can find extra virgin olive oil, light oils, cold-pressed oils, and whatnot under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Oleev Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Rich source of vitamin E and antioxidants that keep free radicals away
- It is free from argemone oil and has an acidity level lower than 0.8%
- Extracted after pressing fresh olives sourced from the Mediterranean, it has an exquisite tangy taste
- You can use it for garnishing and dressing salads, roasting food, or sauteing vegetables
- It is easy to digest, improves cardiovascular health, and keeps you fit and light
- Low acidity level
- Argemone free
- Enriched with Vitamin E and antioxidants
- Fragrance may not be pleasant
Saffola is one of the biggest edible oil companies in India that promotes a healthy lifestyle with its range of oils. It was launched in the 1960s and is owned by Marico. It promotes and manufactures oils that are low in cholesterol and healthier for your heart. It produces sunflower oil, olive oil, mustard seed oil, sesame oil, and several other lite oils that are super healthy for your body.
Prominent Features of the Saffola Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Rich in MUFA that helps reduce the risk of heart diseases and lowers cholesterol
- It comes loaded with antioxidants that keep your skin and body health in check
- Extracted from Spanish olives, is rich in taste, and is the perfect ingredient for your salads, dips, and spreads
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Helps fight free radicals
- Rich in MUFA
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Ideal for garnishing, drizzling, and sauteing
- Perfect substitute for ghee and butter
- May be blended with flaxseed oil
11. Urban Platter
Urban Platter is a popular staple and gourmet foods brand from India that offers the perfect blend of taste and health. It was founded in 2015 by Chirag Kenia and Dhaval Kenia and has its headquarters in Mumbai, India. You will find everything from staples, snacks, desserts, condiments, and baking products to canned goods under this brand.
Prominent Features of the Kratos Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- It is sourced from the finest olives from Greece.
- Has a natural sweetness to it and an aroma that is extremely delightful
- The olives are harvested carefully to avoid any damage or compromise to the quality of the oil
- Extacted through the cold-pressed method
- Extracted from fine olives of Greece
- Best to drizzle on top of salads
- Sweet and aromatic oil
- Not organic
Kinsfolk is another top contender in the olive oil market and continues to grow its customer base each day. The brand mainly retails top-notch olive oil that is extracted using the best practices.
Prominent Features of the Kinsfolk Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Extracted via the cold-pressed method that ensures maximum nutrient retention in oil
- The taste, colour, and aroma of the oil is fantastic and will add a nice richness to your meals
- You can use it on your hair, skin, and also cook in it
- Doesn’t oxidise or evaporate
- Cold-pressed extraction for maximum nutrient retention
- Can be used on skin and hair as well
- May be of subpar quality
13. Rafael Salgado
Rafael Salgado is a family-run business that has produced great quality olive oils since 1875. The brand was founded by Rafael Salgado Cuesta and has its headquarters in Madrid, Spain. The best thing about this brand is that you will only get good quality since the makers hold experience of more than a century.
Prominent Features of the Rafael Salgado Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Sourced from the finest quality olives in Spain
- The cold pressing method helps in ensuring that you get the highest nutritional amount possible from the oil
- It contains no preservatives and has low acidity levels which makes it ideal for everyday cooking
- This oil in particular will go really well as dressings on top of salads or dips
- Low acidity level
- No preservatives
- Low-acidity levels
- Perfect as salad dressing
- Comes in a clear plastic bottle
14. Dolce Vita
Dolce Vita is the pride of Italy and is a by-product of several talented olive oil producers in the Italian market. The brand has become a huge hit in India due to its authentic aroma, taste, and colour.
Prominent Features of the Dolce Vita Olive Oil:
- All the olives undergo the cold-pressed method to retain the maximum benefits of olives
- This Lite Olive Oil by Dolce Vita is perfect for Chinese, Japanese, Indian, and Thai cooking
- It contains the rich flavour of great quality olives but has a muted aroma which makes it great for dishes that traditionally don’t use olive oils
- Lightly-scented oil
- Suitable for a variety of cuisines
- Light texture
- May not be easily available in stores
Fragata is a leading olive oil company that was founded in 1925 by D. Santiago Camacho Roman. The brand retails olives, olive oils, condiments, and pickles that are super delicious and have the authenticity that many brands miss these days. It currently exports to more than 40 countries across the world and plans to expand even further.
Prominent Features of the Fragata Signature Extra Virgin Olive Oil:
- Sourced from the best quality olives in Spain
- It’s perfect to be drizzled atop salads, mixed in dressings, and dips
- It is supremely aromatic with fruity and fresh notes that make your meals taste more delicious
- It’s also high in Vitamin E so you get great taste and health in one bottle
- Comes in a glass bottle
- Fruity notes
- Enriched with Vitamin E
- May not be of great quality
Tips for Choosing the Best Olive Oil
- Heat, air, light, and temperature can mess up with the shelf life of the oil. Hence, it is advised to buy extra virgin olive oil that comes in dark bottles or cans.
- Check the country of origin and the harvest date to ensure the oil is not expired.
- Check for standard certifications to ensure the product is high quality.
- Read the product labels carefully and look for terms like “pure” or “light” that indicate the addition of processed, refined olive oil into the extra virgin olive oil. Such extra virgin olive oil products can be used for deep-frying or shallow frying purposes.
What are the best selling olive oil brands in India?
Figaro, Borges, Del Monte, DiSano, Colavita, and Bertolli are some of the best olive oil brands in India.
Is cold-pressed olive oil better than others?
Yes, cold-pressed olive oil is much better and healthier than hot-pressed oils. Hot pressing results in the loss of essential nutrients and antioxidants that are present in olives. If you want maximum nutritional value in your oils, choose a cold-pressed one.