A room heater is an important home appliance that helps in dealing with cold temperatures. It is an effective solution to keep your room warm and comfortable. While there are different kinds of room heaters available on the market, oil-filled heaters are a popular choice for being energy efficient and portable in size. Such heaters use conventional heating methods that ensure even distribution of the heat across the room. They are also great in terms of electricity use. If you are looking for a good quality heater to invest in, here we have enlisted the 10 best options available on the market. Have a look at our top picks of the best oil heaters in India and make the right purchase.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Oil Heaters for You?
Oil heaters are efficient, safe, and cost-effective, which makes them a perfect choice for offices and bedrooms. Such heaters also help in maintaining oxygen level and balances the humidity in the room. In India, a good quality oil heater costs anywhere between Rs 6,500 to Rs 11,000.
Before you go through our suggestions for the best oil heaters in India, we would love it if you first look at the factors that we took into consideration while deciding on the best products for you. This will help you better understand our selection.
The capacity of the heater must be according to the size of the room. While choosing a less-capacity heater will not effectively heat the room, a large-capacity heater will result in a waste of energy. So, we carefully made the selection of different capacity heaters to ensure something for everyone. While picking one for you, keep in mind the room size where you want to install the heater.
A thermostat is an imperative feature of the heater that allows you to control the temperature and set it according to your choice. It also helps to keep a check on the heating level, which is needed to get the most out of the heater. Hence, we look for heater options that feature a thermostat.
This is another considerable factor when making a purchase decision. Since oil heaters work by heating oil reservoirs and radiating the generated heat via the metal walls surrounding this reservoir, more the wattage of the heater the better and faster it will perform.
What safety considerations should you know before selecting a room heater?
1. If you have children in your home, you may not want to choose an infrared or radiant heater. The reasons for this are quite simple; first is that the heating element dissipates infrared radiation to its surroundings which children are sensitive to. The second reason is that the heating element is exposed, which children might end up touching either mistakenly or due to curiosity.
2. Check for the ISI label of the room heater. It must also be supplemented with warning labels and electricity supply instructions, especially for oil-filled heaters.
3. Check the plugs and connection cables before purchasing since heating equipment are prone to short-circuit fires, electric shocks, etc.
4. If you have a family member who has asthma, stay away from using oil heaters and imported heaters that use gases to heat up the air in the room. These heaters may radiate harmful gases which cause breathing troubles for asthma patients.
List of the 10 Best Oil Heaters in India
Havells OFR – 9 Fin PTC Fan Heater
Havells is a renowned FMEG brand that has a strong presence across the globe. It is a leading manufacturer of oil heaters that are faster and more efficient. Such heaters also prevent overheating and come with a tilt switch for safe usage.
Prominent Features of the Havells OFR – 9 Fin PTC Fan Heater:
- It is designed with castor wheels for easy movement from one room to another
- The heater has a PTC fan with three different power settings to save energy
- Features a thermostatic heat control for efficient and faster heating of the room
- Havells provides 24-hour home service for excellent customer satisfaction
- Quality build
- Highly effective
- Even heat distribution
- Sleek design
Why We Picked the Havells OFR – 9 Fin PTC Fan Heater?
OFR – 9 Fin PTC Fan Heater by Havells is by far one of the best oil heaters in India with a power consumption of 2000 W. It comes in three different variants with OFR 9, 11, and 13. Also, it comes with 2 years warranty for long-term usage.
Morphy Richards 11 Fin OFR Room Heater
Morphy is another popular brand among Indian customers for quality household appliances. It entered the Indian market in 2002 with an aim to provide innovative and high-quality products like coffee makers, toasters, irons, oil heaters, and more. Oil heaters by this brand are well-known for their efficiency, durability, and safety features.
Prominent Features of the Morphy Richards 11 Fin OFR Room Heater:
- This oil heater has an additional 4 Watt PTC fan for swift heating
- It features three different heat settings and an adjustable thermostat
- This heater comes with 11 fin oil filled radiator for maximum comfort
- Ensures noiseless operation with protection against overheating
- Easy mobility
- Uniform heating
- Adjustable thermostat
- Elegant look
Why We Picked the Morphy Richards 11 Fin OFR Room Heater?
Morphy Richards presents an 11 Fin OFR room heater that is designed with low operational costs and a longer life span. It features tilt safety and auto thermal shutoff for better protection and a faster heating experience, making it one of the best oil heaters for the home in India.
Bajaj 11 Fin OFR Room Heater
When it comes to electric appliances, Bajaj is a trusted name that hits the mind of Indian customers. It is a renowned manufacturer of electric equipment that are innovative, energy-efficient, and easy to use. Oil heater by this brand is an international design and high-quality product that ensures effective and convenient heating.
Prominent Features of the Bajaj 11 Fin OFR Room Heater:
- It is a 25 watts heater that has a long cord of length 1.5 meters
- The heater has an adjustable thermostat and three heat settings
- Features a 4-watt PTC ceramic fan heater for efficient heating
- Equipped with a manual thermal cut-out to prevent the risk of overheating
- Easy to operate
- Value for money
- Top-notch heating
- Sturdy built
- Comes at a high cost
Why We Picked the Bajaj 11 Fin OFR Room Heater?
Bajaj 11 Fin OFR Room Heater is another great option for an oil heater that consumes 2,500 W power. This heater is an ISI-approved appliance and has castor wheels in the bottom for easy movement across the house. Also, it comes with 2 years warranty for a longer life span.
INALSA Warme 11 OFR Room Heater
Established in 1967, INALSA is an Indian brand that offers a diverse range of high-quality products at affordable prices. The brand is known for efficient oil heaters that come in different sizes and power outputs for making it easy to suit your heating requirements.
Prominent Features of the INALSA Warme 11 OFR Room Heater:
- Designed with 11 fins for better thermal conductivity and airflow
- This heater comes with variable temperature and heat settings
- It is an easy-to-operate oil heater that turns off automatically
- Comes in two variants: with and without a fan
- Operates quietly
- Prevents overheating
- ISI certified
- Simple to use
Why We Picked the INALSA Warme 11 OFR Room Heater?
Warme 11 OFR Room Heater by INALSA is a fast and consistent heating appliance that is designed with impeccable features like castor wheels, 3 heat selections, and more. Also, this heater cleans the air from dust, dander, and pollen for easy and clean breathing.
Borosil Volcano 13 Fin OFR Room Heater
A popular Indian brand for kitchenware products, Borosil was founded in 1962 with an aim to offer a variety of glassware, cookware, and kitchen accessories. The oil heater is one of the best products by Borosil that is a perfect choice to turn your cold room into a warm, cosy space while adding a touch of sophistication to it.
Prominent Features of the Borosil Volcano 13 Fin OFR Room Heater:
- An automatic switch-off feature with a tilt switch ensures better safety
- Comes with 360-degree rotating wheels for easy carrying all around
- The noiseless operation of the heater makes it perfect for night use
- Features top-notch safety features like thermal cut-out and auto reset
- Versatile usage
- Highly durable
- Long-lasting use
- Energy efficient
- It is a bit heavy
Why We Picked the Borosil Volcano 13 Fin OFR Room Heater?
Borosil presents Volcano 13 Fin OFR room heater that comes in three different variants with 9 fins, 11 fins, and 13 fins. It features a cord-winder for easy and neat storage. Also, it has unique S-shaped fins and built-in handles both in the front and back of the heater.
Orient Comforter Collection 13 Fin Oil Heater
Orient is a Japanese brand that entered the Indian market in 2006 with a range of consumer electronics and home appliances. It has a great reputation for high-quality oil heaters that are technologically advanced for better heating. The heater comes with user-friendly features for high productivity and energy saving.
Prominent Features of the Orient Comforter Collection 13 Fin Oil Heater:
- This oil heater operates without fan-forced hot air circulation and noise
- Has 4-swivel caster wheels and a sturdy carrying handle for easy mobility
- It is made with patented, high-quality steel for better heat dissipation
- The heater has a built-in over-heat protector and tip-over safety switch
- Faster heating
- Energy efficient
- Highly durable
- Saves energy
Singer OFR 11 Fins Oil Filled Room Heater
Singer is a notable brand in the Indian market that offers a variety of electric appliances. Serving since 1851, it has been offering high-quality, innovative, and durable products. Oil heaters by Singer are one of the best choices for faster and more efficient heating that guarantees a better experience.
Prominent Features of the Singer OFR 11 Fins Oil Filled Room Heater:
- It is an ISI marked 2900 Watts heater that comes with a PTC fan
- The heater is a classy, modern design with highly technical features
- This oil heater has an operational temperature range of +10°C to +54°C
- Comes with a 360-degree trip-over safety switch to prevent overheating
- Cord storage
- ISI marked
- 2-years warranty
- Easy movement
- Built quality could be better
USHA 3609FS PTC Oil-Filled Room Heater
USHA is a promising home appliance and consumer electronics product brand that was founded in 1934. The brand provides high-quality and reliable oil heaters that are innovatively designed with wave-style fins for high heating efficiency. Also, these heaters are quick and efficient, which makes them a perfect solution for all your heating requirements.
Prominent Features of the USHA 3609FS PTC Oil-Filled Room Heater:
- This heater is equipped with a 400 W fan for faster heating results
- It has an adjustable thermostat for convenient temperature control
- Empowered with Positive Temperature Coefficient (PTC) technology
- Has an in-built tip-over switch to prevent it from malfunctioning
- Prevents overheating
- Low operating cost
- Convenient usage
- Cord storage winder
Glen 7011 Electric OFR Room Heater
Glen is a highly loved brand in the Indian appliances market that offers a range of ISI-certified products with innovative and thoughtful features. The brand offers a smart range of oil room heaters that are ideal for long-lasting heat. Also, the heating appliances by this brand spread warmth evenly and operate silently for a better experience.
Prominent Features of the Glen 7011 Electric OFR Room Heater:
- Comes with three power settings for minimum to maximum heating
- It has 360-degree rotating castor wheels for convenient movement
- This heater has a 1.6-metre-long wire length and a cord storage box
- Available in three sizes with 9, 11, and 13 fins
- Better heat distribution
- 2-year warranty
- No noise fan
- Affordable heater
Black + Decker OFR 9 Fin Room Heater
Last on the list of the best oil heaters in India, we have the Black + Decker heater which is the ultimate solution to combat cold days and nights. Heaters by this brand have an inbuilt fan for faster heating and come with different power heat settings for setting ideal room temperature. If you ate looking for a high-quality, affordable product, this Black + Decker heater is the one for you.
Prominent Features of the Black + Decker OFR 9 Fin Room Heater:
- Comes with a thermostat dial for easy adjustment of the temperature
- It has a power button and easy-to-operate knobs for quick operation
- This heater operates at 2500 W power and has 9 large surface fins
- Equipped with portable wheels and cord wrap to keep it in place
- Powerful operation
- Quick heating
- Overheat protection
- Even heat distribution
Searching for the best oil heater in India can be a time-consuming task. However, with expert suggestions, you can make it less daunting. In this blog, we have shortlisted the top 10 oil heaters that are great picks. While all of these options are best from the lot, our top picks are from Havells, Orient, and Bajaj. Check out the list and let us know your favourite.
Are oil heaters good for a room?
Yes, oil hearers are a good choice for a room as they are more efficient than other types, designed to be portable, and operate silently. Also, these heaters don’t have exposed heating elements ensuring safe usage.
Which is the best oil room heater in India?
Oil heaters from Havells, Bajaj, and INALSA are some of the best choices in India.
Is it better to leave an oil heater on all the time?
No, it is generally not recommended to leave oil heaters on all the time, especially when you are not in the room. This is because it increases the risk of fire or other hazards and also results in the wastage of energy.
What is the best way to use an oil heater?
Here we have tips to use oil heaters safely and effectively.
– Place the heater on a stable, flat surface to avoid malfunctioning
– Keep it away from flammable materials like furniture, bedding, etc.
– Don’t leave the heater on when you are not in the room for a long
– Clean heater regularly to remove dust and debris and improve efficiency
How long should an oil heater last?
In general, the life span of the oil heater varies from 5 to 15 years. However, it widely depends upon the quality, usage, and maintenance of the heater.
Do oil heaters turn off automatically?
Yes, modern oil heaters are equipped with a timer feature that lets them turn off automatically after a certain period of time.
Does an oil heater use a lot of electricity?
The electricity consumption by oil heaters varies with the size and type of the heater. It also depends on the temperature setting and efficiency of the unit. However, as compared to electric fan heaters use less energy.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly seasoned and qualified researchers at CashKaro work hard to supply you with the greatest market advice accessible online. To build a list of products you can trust, we examine numerous products and compare them based on a range of characteristics. We hope our recommendations for the best oil heaters in India have helped you out in making an informed judgement.