Today’s requirements of a good fridge have evolved from something as basic as keeping your food cold while being a device that performs multiple functions. Refrigerators are essential commodities in homes today and buying the one that’ll suit your needs is important. No food storage facility or household is completely functional without a great refrigerator. Today’s modern refrigerators are smart and loaded with some extra storage and features to make our lives smoother. Still thinking, which refrigerator is the best? If yes, then read our guide about the best refrigerators in India.
How Do We Choose the Best Refrigerators for You?
It doesn’t matter if you live alone or with a family, having a refrigerator is essential to keep your food fresh for a long time. It’s a need that cannot be replaced with anything else and you must make the right choice when buying it. A good quality refrigerator can cost you anywhere between Rs 9,999 to Rs 89,999, depending on your needs and the number of people using it.
Several parameters need to be checked before purchasing a fridge, some of which we will talk about today. The number factor to consider is its size and its capacity. If you’re just one person using it, you can manage a 50-80 litre capacity fridge. Whereas bigger families may need a 250 – 330 litre variant. If you consume a lot of frozen foods, then you should ensure that you have a fridge with large freezer space. Double door refrigerators are on-trend and can be very useful for you, so you can also check them out. Some of the most bought fridge doors are single door, double door, side by side door, and triple door.
Also, check if the fridge has an inverter compressor. You can check its energy efficiency by looking at its Energy Star Label. The higher the number of stars, the less energy it will consume. With these features in mind, you will be able to make the right choice easily. Most of these products listed below are rated between 3.5 to 4.5 on Amazon and have great customer reviews online. Also, have a sneak peek at top-rated Washing Machines.
List of the Top Refrigerators in India
On this page:
- 1. Haier 52 L Refrigerator
- 2. Samsung 244 L Refrigerator
- 3. Whirlpool 190 L Refrigerator
- 4. LG 190 L Refrigerator
- 5. Whirlpool 46 L Refrigerator
- 6. Godrej 190 L Refrigerator
- 7. Haier 181 L Refrigerator
- 8. LG 260 L Refrigerator
- 9. Samsung 253 L Refrigerator
- 10. Whirlpool 240 L Refrigerator
- Q. Which is the best refrigerator in India?
- Q. Which is the most reliable brand for refrigerators?
- Q. Which is the best mini fridge that I should buy for myself?
- Q. How to choose a fridge for my home?
1. Haier 52 L Refrigerator
Haier is a popular multinational home appliances and electronics company that hails from China. The brand was founded in the year 1984 and has its headquarters in Qingdao, Shandong, China. You can get A-class fridges, ovens, washing machines, air conditioners, phones, televisions, etc under this brand.
Notable Features of the Haier 52 L Refrigerator:
- Famous for its unique design and compactness
- Offers a smart and faster-cooling technology with a separate compartment for ice making
- Can store up to 52 litres of capacity with ease
- The DC door refrigerator can easily run on a low voltage current supply of 230v
- Comes with a modern and sleek design
- Durable and comes with noise reduction technology
- 52 litres compact refrigerator
- Comes with 3-star energy-saving mode
- Suitable for bachelors
- Doesn’t have a freezer
2. Samsung 244 L Refrigerator
Samsung is a popular electronics, home appliances, and smartphones company based in Seoul, South Korea. The company was founded in the year 1938 by Lee Byung-chul. Whether you’re purchasing a smartphone or a home appliance, Samsung will not disappoint.
Notable Features of the Samsung 244 L Refrigerator:
- Comes with a 3-star rating power-efficient technology
- It has a double-door beautifully-designed refrigerator
- Packed with features such as curd Maestro, door alarm, digital compressor, noise reduction, rapid cooling, moisture control, etc
- Features a digital inverter compressor for faster cooling that
- It can store up to 244 litres
- Has frost-free feature to prevent unnecessary ice-build
- Great for a family of 3-5 members
- Comes with Curd Maestro feature to make curd with ease
- It comes with a door alarm
- Freezer doesn’t have light
3. Whirlpool 190 L Refrigerator
Founded in 1911 by Louis and Emory Upton, Whirlpool is a leading home appliance brand in India today. This American giant has been ruling the global home and kitchen appliance market for decades. It has headquarters in Michigan and exports to several parts of the world.
Notable Features of the Whirlpool 190 L Refrigerator:
- Has a compact and modern design
- It has a jumbo bottle rack to store up to three 2 L bottles
- The fridge defrosts easily and auto-connects to your home inverter
- Comes with a 3-star rating on efficient power consumption
- Features a cooling retention technology that keeps your food fresh and cool for up to 9 hours during long power cuts
- It comes with a 9-hour long cooling retention technology
- The design is unique and beautiful
- It has toughened glass shelves
- Honey-comb moisture lock-in technology for veggie drawer
- You may have to defrost often
4. LG 190 L Refrigerator
LG is a popular name in Indian households and for very valid reasons. The brand excels at making top-notch home and kitchen appliances and gives tough competition to other sellers in the market. Lucky Goldstar was launched in the year 1958 by Koo In-hwoi and has its headquarters in Seoul.
Notable Features of the LG 190 L Refrigerator:
- Comes with a smart inverter compressor that allows quick cooling
- Features 4-star rating on efficient power consumption, which is on the lower end of power-saving
- Has a massive 190L capacity
- The built-in stabilizer and smart connect feature automatically connect your refrigerator with the inverter in case of a power cut
- Has a highly efficient in terms of cooling technology
- The power management feature helps foods retain moisture and freshness
- Great for a family of 4
- Comes with spill-proof toughened glass
- It can make ice in less than 1.5 hours
- Power consumption may be a little high
5. Whirlpool 46 L Refrigerator
Whirlpool is one of the largest manufacturers of home appliances in the world and has a solid clientele in India. The company was founded in the year 1911 and is counted in the Fortune 500 list.
Notable Features of the Whirlpool 46 L Refrigerator:
- Features toughened glass Shelves and has a steel finish
- Has a 46 litres capacity, it is compact and ideal to be used in bedrooms
- The refrigerator can store up to 30 cans and has a separate tray for storing chocolates
- It also boasts easily accessible spacious door racks for sauces & spreads, cold drinks and juice packs
- Comes with 7 adjustable modes that provide the perfect temperature for all your cooling needs throughout the year
- With a 3-star rating on efficient power consumption and is one of the best buy mini-fridges
- Perfect for storing bedroom snacks
- It has 2 door racks
- Can store up to 11 bottles
- Doesn’t have a freezer
6. Godrej 190 L Refrigerator
Godrej is a name that needs no introduction when it comes to home appliances and consumer electronics in India. It has been the number one choice for millions of Indians for decades. The company was founded in the year 1897 by Ardeshir Godrej and Pirojsha Burjorji Godrej and has its headquarters in Mumbai.
Notable Features of the Godrej 190 L Refrigerator:
- This Godrej refrigerator is beautifully designed to provide excellent performance in a budget-friendly model
- Comes with a single door option
- Provides a storage capacity of 190 litres
- Features easy manual defrosting technology, direct cooling
- Has multiple compartments with freezer on top and vegetable storage at the bottom
- The food inside the refrigerator always stays fresh as the bacteria are trapped in the removable gasket on the door
- Has 2 star energy rating
- Comes with a capacity of 190L
- 34 litres of a vegetable tray
- 2.25 litres of space in the door
- May not be as energy-efficient as expected
7. Haier 181 L Refrigerator
When it comes to kitchen appliances, Haier is one of the first names that come up. This Chinese company was founded in the year 1984 and has its headquarters in Qingdao, Shandong, China. It’s also listed in the famous Fortune 500 list.
Notable Features of the Haier 181 L Refrigerator:
- Features toughened glass shelves that help store heavy pots and pans conveniently
- Has a large vegetable box to store all perishable items and keep them fresh and crisp for days
- It’s built using a direct-cool Diamond Edge Freezing technology that works wonders in cooling food and beverages in no time
- Comes with a reciprocatory compressor that is ideal for optimum cooling
- Has a 2-star rating on efficient power consumption
- Has a 181 litre capacity
- Suitable for a small family
- Defrost button for instant defrost
- Better ice formation
- Glass shelves need to be used with caution
8. LG 260 L Refrigerator
Lucky Goldstar has been a popular choice in India for many decades now and there’s no way that’s changing. The brand keeps setting new standards every year with its products and innovative technology. The company was founded in the year 1958 and manufactures home appliances, consumer electronics, smartphones, and computer hardware.
Notable Features of the LG 260 Litre Refrigerator LG:
- It is a frost-free refrigerator that has been built using smart inverter technology
- Has a 3-star rating in energy consumption and has an ice cream door cooling system
- Features a jet ice technology for quick ice cream cooling
- It comes with 3 shelves made of spill-proof toughened glass material
- The vegetable compartment has 23 litres capacity
- Suitable for a family of 2-3
- Frost-free freezer
- Less noise
- May make rattling sound at times
9. Samsung 253 L Refrigerator
Samsung makes some of the best home appliances and consumer electronics in the world. The brand also has a great grip on several other sectors such as smartphones and is one that you can trust without a second thought.
Notable Features of the Samsung 253 L Refrigerator:
- Built using a stylish design and boasts power-packed features
- It features an auto defrost function to prevent the buildup of unwanted ice
- It has a digital inverter compressor that works towards making it energy efficient
- Comes with a cool pack/cool wall for maximum cooling retention during power cuts
- Has a 3-star energy saving rating
- Ideal for a family of 4
- Moveable ice maker
- Efficient LED light
- No light inside the freezer
10. Whirlpool 240 L Refrigerator
If you’re looking for a reliable and affordable home appliance brand, Whirlpool can be your go-to option. The brand boasts its top-grade product range with the latest technology that won’t disappoint you. Although an American brand, Whirlpool has made quite a mark in the Indian market as well.
Notable Features of the Whirlpool 240 L Refrigerator:
- It lets you store and chill all your veggies and groceries in a single place
- A frost-free triple-door refrigerator, it keeps fruits and veggies fresh and flavorful for long durations
- It’s equipped with Whirlpool’s Microblock and Zeolite technologies to keep food fresh
- It utilizes lesser energy than a 60-watt CFL bulb
- Has auto-defrost featuref to prevent unnecessary ice build-up
- Suitable for a family of 4 or more
- Highly energy saving
- Moisture retention
- Light may be a little dim
Buy these best refrigerators in India at super affordable prices today. Simply, visit CashKaro and search for Amazon coupon code, Flipkart offers and Tata CLiQ coupon codes to get more discounts and deals.
Q. Which is the best refrigerator in India?
A. It is needless to say that having a good refrigerator at home is essential for every person irrespective of living alone or with family. Refrigerators help maintain the freshness and shelf life of perishable food items and one cannot think about storing food items for a long duration otherwise. With so many refrigerator brands in the market, choosing the best refrigerator for yourself can get overwhelming. Some of the top refrigerators are:
- LG 260 L Frost Free Refrigerator
- Whirlpool 240 L Frost Free Refrigerator
- Haier 181 L Frost Free Refrigerator
- Samsung 244 L Frost Free Refrigerator
- Godrej 190 L Single Door Refrigerator
Q. Which is the most reliable brand for refrigerators?
A. Buying electronic appliances, especially for your household needs, is a daunting task. There are several factors that come into consideration and each person wants to buy the best refrigerator that suits all their needs. Some of the most trusted brands in India for refrigerators are
Q. Which is the best mini fridge that I should buy for myself?
A. Fridges are one of the most necessary household appliances for anyone, irrespective of the fact that they may be living alone, in a group, or with family. With an increase in nuclear families and working professionals who live alone away from their families, mini-fridges have gained an immense amount of popularity. More and more people are looking for small fridges, and if you are on the lookout for the same, the two best mini fridges currently are:
- Haier Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator (52L)
- Whirlpool 46 L Refrigerator
Other options also include Godrej 99L Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator, and LG 45L Direct Cool Refrigerator. For those wanting a premium choice, Kitchoff Aluminium & Glass Mini Refrigerator is an ideal pick.
Q. How to choose a fridge for my home?
A. Buying a fridge for your home depends on some basic factors such as:
- Number of members at home
- The size of the fridge to fit your space
- The style; single door or double door
- Usability of each unit in the fridge
Apart from these, personal choices such as ratings, colors, ice maker/water dispenser options also come into play.