Gym enthusiasts, while focusing on their body health, must also look at comfort while exercising. Even a minor inconvenience might cost them and lead to serious injury. Be it running on the treadmill or lifting weights, the entire pressure on the human body mainly rests on the legs. This is where you can use extra protection while exercising by investing in a pair of the best gym shoes that can sustain pressure effortlessly.
Gym shoes should have a snug fit and ensure that the feet get ample protection while adding to strength and endurance. While there are several best gym shoe brands out there for you to choose from, here’s a list of the ones that you can always count on.
Our Top Recommendations
How do we test the best gym shoe brands?
Gym shoes are an essential part of workout attire. A decent pair of gym shoes may improve the overall performance of gym freaks. A pair of good quality gym shoes cost between Rs 500 to Rs 8,000. Here are a handful of the best gym shoe brands. We picked them based on a number of factors, including their quality, finishing, materials used, sole flexibility, comfort, affordability, and more. We paid special attention to user input when selecting the best gym shoe brands. On Amazon, all of the products mentioned below have at least a 4/5 rating. Furthermore, you don’t require a gym to work out; you can easily begin your workout routine using home gym equipment.
List of the 15 Top Gym Shoe Brands In India
- The brand offers good quality gym shoes, hiking shoes, and sports shoes.
- ASICS shoes are best for cross-training and Crossfit low profile.
- Its training shoes are made with a flexible material that helps them retain the natural shape.
- The comfortable cushiony insole feels soft on the feet.
- The brand offers excellent mid-tier training shoe that is ideal for all-around training.
- ASICS features a duomax support and midfoot trusstic system, making it ideal for side-to-side movements and compound lifts.
- These shoes have rearfoot gel padding to help with crash protection and versatility.
- Sole grip needs improvement
Power Athletics designs athletic, lifestyle, and outdoor footwear that has superior quality and durability. Do gym goers play cricket? I wonder, but if you are one then discover this guide for best cricket shoe brands.
- The shoes ensure higher performance while training with quick movements.
- Power Athletics shoes have lateral support and unmatched flexibility.
- They also have flex grooves for better traction and transition.
- The brand offers ultimate comfort training shoes
- It has a range of eye-catching design
- Power shoes include refined cushioning
- More products can be added to the portfolio
Reebok is one of the best and most popular sports shoe brands that compete with brands like Adidas and Nike.
- The shoes have a soft outsole and a cushioned footbed to ensure safety and stability while performing gym exercises.
- It offers a collection of training shoes that has a range of designs and colours that go with gym and workout attire.
- The product portfolio of Reebok includes sturdy footwear for almost all kinds of sports and activities.
- Reebok offers light weight gym shoes
- These shoes include a combination of mesh, fin & PU leather
- Reebok shoes have outsole rubber patch with extended midsole rubber for side grip
- These shoes have high rise midsole for extra cushioning & great reflex while running
- Less availability in regional stores
B-Tuf is a mid-range footwear brand that manufactures shoes for different sports.
- They are made with high-quality material and come in several classic designs.
- The shoes are light in weight and have a comfortable insole.
- B-Tuf shoes are paired with a flexible midsole and rubber outsole to ensure swift foot movement.
- B-Tuf shoes are made up of the Best quality PVC/PU/Full synthetic leather
- These shoes are lightweight with a Nonmarking outsole
- Shoes offered by B-Tuf are advanced Durable and Flexible EVA midsole
- Packaging can be improved
Bacca Bucci is one of the most sought-after brands that have affordable footwear designs for several sports. If you’re looking for shoes that are perfect for a low-intensity workout, pick a pair from its running shoe collection. Wondering where to get the best basketball shoe? Read our list to find out.
- The soles of these shoes are often a blend of EVA and rubber that lend them ample flexibility and grip on the ground.
- They are also fitted with a cushioned footbed for shock absorbance and to keep the feet safe.
- The shoes are light in weight and can be used daily for athletic activities as well.
- Bacca Bucci Shoes are Durable & Slip-Resistant
- These shoes have heels With High-Density Sponge Lining
- Shoes offered by Bacca Bucci are made with Uni-Molding technology that makes it shock absorbent.
- These shoes have a stronger grip with excellent forward momentum
- Shoes are heavy
ASIAN gym shoes are a classic choice and have been around for a long time.
- The shoes come with extra padded cushioning from all sides which makes them comfortable to wear.
- The shoes have natural rubber latex soles and are also light in weight.
- It is best for Gym as it has heavy cushioning, so there is less reason to worry about dumbbells falling on the feet.
- ASIAN shoes have height-increasing non-marking EVA TPR sole
- These shoes are made with lightweight compound and orthopedic memory foam
- Shoes offered by ASIAN features nitro capsule technology for added vacuum-based air cushion
- Plastic quality can be improved
Nike is one of the most favored brands in the footwear category. It offers the best quality Gym shoes all over the world.
- Nike shoes are extremely popular among regular gym-goers as well as sports enthusiasts.
- Each pair of Nike shoes is structured to be extremely lightweight and is made from natural mesh nylon.
- These shoes are washable and breathable at the same time.
- Nike shoes include better cushioning for high impact
- These shoes are comfortable yet stylish
- Nike shoe’s heel strap stabilizes the back of your foot while allowing natural movement.
- Nike shoes are expensive
Campus is a well-known brand, their shoes are among the best in the mid-range segment.
- Its shoes are vastly favoured by the young college crowd because of their functionality and affordability.
- The pairs are water-resistant and have extra grip for a firm footing.
- These shoes has extra padding and cushioning which makes it best for Gym.
- Campus shoes are engineered mesh upper for breathability and extra comfort
- These shoes have upper soft insole with moisture management system
- Rubber in the toe and heels of Campus shoes provides lightweight traction
- Less availability in regional stores
Chevit has a steady stream of buyers and has established itself as a reliable brand within a short span of time.
- The brand is committed to making the best gym gear available to everyone at a reasonable price.
- The shoes offered by Chevit are cushioned and has a steady sole.
- Chevit ensure that each pair manufactured offers comfort and breathability, even in extreme conditions.
- Chevit shoes has padded footBed and cushioned ankle
- These shoes includes fully adjustable straps
- Chevit shoes have shock-absorbing Anti-skate sole
- Packaging needs improvement
Shoefly is one of the most affordable brands that don’t compromise on product quality.
- Its shoes are made from standard rubber and nylon mesh for added support and breathability.
- Shoefly shoes are very lightweight which makes them special in their peer category.
- They also have padded soles that add extra comfort while wearing these pairs.
- Shoesfly shoes are made of extremely lightweight material
- These shoes can be used for both Gym and running
- The shoes offered by the Shoesfly brand have PVC sole and canvas upper material
- Sole and cushioning needs improvement
Columbus shoes have been around for a while and are trusted by most younger generation athletes.
- Columbus shoes are resistant to wear and tear that frequent exercising can often inflict.
- Its shoes are known for their durability and long-lasting nature.
- The shoes are affordably priced and suit those on a budget and those who don’t want to compromise on quality.
- Columbus shoes have a breathable air mesh upper which is easily washable
- These shoes are perfect for all seasons
- Columbus shoes can be used as Running Shoes, Sports Shoes, or Casual Shoes
- Overall quality can be improved
Sparx gym shoes are incredibly functional and stylish. Are you into badminton too? check this list of amazing badminton shoe brands in India if you are.
- The shoes are washable and can withstand pressure effortlessly.
- The shoes are one of a kind and come in several design variants and options for men and women.
- Sparx comes from the famous footwear giant Relaxo family and provides great value for money.
- Sparx shoes include high-quality Mesh as upper material
- These shoes have EVA sole material
- Sparx shoes have easy care and maintenance
- Packaging can be improved
Adidas gym shoes are some of the highest-rated shoes globally. Only a few brands can match the level of style, comfort, and functionality offered by Adidas.
- The brand has a range of shoes that are premium but worth every penny.
- They last for years and are a perfect partner for the gym.
- Leg exercises are sure to become extra comfortable while wearing Adidas shoes.
- Adidas shoes have broad cushioning on the heel for comfort
- These shoes has a Cloudfoam midsole and rubber outsole to provide footing at any surface
- It has a superior mesh upper for breathability
- Adidas shoes are expensive
Puma gym shoes will make you want to hit the gym more frequently than usual.
- They are extremely stylish and lightweight, making them easy on the feet and comfortable to wear.
- The brand has a diverse collection of men’s and women’s shoes that are exclusive and constantly evolving.
- Puma shoes are durable and lasts longer than usual peer category Gym shoes.
- Puma shoes are crafted with futuristic design and fine technology
- These shoes uplifts your performance and style
- Puma offers rubber sole for flexibility and mesh upper for breathability
- Less availability in offline stores
Port gym shoes are among the top international brands and are favoured by several celebrities and professional athletes. Do you happen to play tennis by any chance? If you do, then ultimate tennis shoe brands in where you want to be.
- The shoes are made with mesh nylon and linen which makes it a good choice.
- Port shoes are available in both tie-ups and slip-on closure.
- They are incredibly comfortable to wear and suitable for all kinds of gym activities.
- Port shoes can be used for both Gym and running
- These shoes are made of extremely lightweight material
- Port offers PVC sole and Canvas upper material in their shoes
- Cushioning and sole needs improvement
What are the best shoes for gym workouts?
Training and running shoes are the best shoes for gym workouts as they are sturdier than other kinds of shoes. They have cushioned footbed that absorbs shocks and provides lateral support for stability. Also, they are lightweight and have flexible movement.
How do I choose a gym shoe?
When choosing a pair of gym shoes, you must ensure that they provide ample stability on the ground, have a cushioned footbed, should absorb shock, are light in weight, and should not restrict the movement of your foot. Other than this, you can even pick your ideal pair of gym shoes as per the activity you are involved in.
– High-intensity workouts like lunges, squats, jumps, weight training, and more require multi-directional movement. Thus, you need gym shoes that absorb shock, are lightweight, and provide ample space for the movement of your foot.
– If you’re looking for shoes for high-intensity workouts with weightlifting, you can go for shoes that are firm on the ground, have stable heels, and have a cushioned footbed. You can even pick these for cross-fit training.
– Weightlifting and strength training require dense soles, raised heels, and ankle mobility with a supportive upper. They also have less shock-absorbing capabilities.
– Usual cross trainers are perfect for spinning exercises and treadmills. They often have stiff soles and can even be used for cycling, ensuring smooth and efficient movement.
– Shoes with shock absorption capabilities and supportive heels are the best for dance and Zumba exercises. These shoes ensure multi-directional foot movement and sudden spins without injuring the ankles or feet.
Can you wear running shoes to the gym?
Yes, you can wear running shoes to the gym, but they are essentially suitable for workouts that do not involve heavy weightlifting. If you’re looking for a pair ideal for weightlifting, you can pick ones that have a stable and sturdy sole.
Can I lift weights in running shoes?
No, you cannot lift weights in running shoes. These shoes are not designed for heavy lifting, including deadlifting or squatting. Running shoes essentially have a cushioned footbed that compresses with weight, leaving them useless even for running. This may further lead to discomfort, muscle soreness, pain in the foot, or even severe injuries.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
CashKaro has a team of skilled researchers who understand different products and how one is better than the other. On the basis of product testing, comparison, and study, we curate a list of top products that we highly recommend you try. We hope that this list will make shopping easy and fun for you.