A pen has a special place in every student’s or professional’s life. It can be a luxury keepsake or stir nostalgia or pride. From schools to offices, every place needs pens to carry out important tasks. While many pen brands offer a wide variety of them, it is important to consider if it is comfortable for your grip and helps you write smoothly without any pressure, ink bleeds, or blotting. We have curated a list of the 12 best pen brands in India, and you can pick your favourite from these. You can also check out other factors that may help you choose the best pen brand.
Our Top Picks:
How Do We Choose the Right Pen Brand for You?
With so many options available on the market, it becomes quite difficult to select a pen brand. If you look for the elements discussed here before making your purchase, you will surely make a good choice.
Different companies offer different ink. Some people find it easier to write with oil-based ink, while others write seamlessly with a gel-based variant. Choose a brand that offers your preferred ink or both oil and gel.
Some people fancy the broad nibs used in fountain pens, but many find them uncomfortable to write with. Pointed nibs and stub nibs are the two variants frequently bought by most people for regular usage. While many brands offer all sorts of nibs, some have specific offerings.
We mostly think of pens as writing instruments, but many of us have a knack for collecting and treasuring them for life. If you are one of those people, opting for a brand that sells stylish and luxurious pens would be great. But if you want to buy one for work or studies, we recommend a brand producing lightweight, budget-friendly ones.
List of the Top 12 Pen Brands in India
Reynold is a household name that has been manufacturing a large variety of pens since 1945. The venture began in New York with an iconic writing pen, 045. With a legacy of several decades, the brand is loved by consumers globally. It is one of the most famous pen brands in India that produces much-in-demand products like Racer gel, Trimax, and Champ.
Notable Features of Reynolds:
- Reynolds is among the top pen brands to use smooth tips for every pen it produces.
- The brand uses advanced fluid ink technology to add durability.
- It utilises waterproof technology to provide a writing experience lasting for years.
- The varieties include dot pens, gel pens, and refillable pens.
- Many options available
Why We Picked Reynolds?
Reynolds is a brand that aims at consumer satisfaction. It focuses on every minute aspect of a pen to bring out the best range on a budget. The grips of these pens are comfortable and ideal for fast note-keeping. It enables writers to keep writing for long effortlessly.
Cello is a popular stationery brand. It brought technologically advanced German ink to the Indian market at affordable rates for the people.
Notable Features of Cello:
- The pen brand expanded its magnitude by producing stationeries other than pens like fountain pens, roller pens, fountain pens, and permanent markers.
- The company continuously works on innovating its ink flow systems.
- Every product goes through rigorous quality control to be brought to the market.
- Available in a wide price range
- Long-lasting ink
- Available in numerous ink colours
Why We Picked Cello?
Cello is on our leading pen brands’ list because it keeps innovating writing instruments with contemporary thinking. With forward-thinking and technology-driven laboratories, the brand successfully contributes to the stationery industry.
The heritage luxury brand Waterman is among the top luxury pen brands in India. The company has an imminent history as it is founded by the inventor of three fissure feed systems, Lewis Edson Waterman. The legacy started in 1884 and continues to enthral pen collectors around the world.
Notable Features of Waterman:
- Among the pen brands in India, Waterman is the name people seek for luxurious and uniquely designed writing instruments.
- It designs some of the most stylish and opulent pens applying modern technology.
- Uses the finest inks in both ballpoint and fountain pens
- Exteriors are made with excellent metallic material
- Wide variety available
Why We Picked Waterman?
Waterman is among the best fountain pen brands that strive in the industry to promote the rich Parisian culture through its designs. The brand uses precious metals like gold to plate finely crafted pens.
Moreover, if you are looking for a sketch pen, then you can check your blog, where we have listed the top sketch pens ideal for drawings. Do have a look.
Parker has a historical portfolio for drawing innovative ideas to manufacture seminal pens. It is the first name many Indians think of when it comes to the best luxury pen brands. Over the last 125 years, the brand has evolved by showcasing impressive technical competence.
Notable Features of Parker:
- Parker provides luxurious pens by covering mechanical design engineering, testing, and prototyping areas.
- The brand discovered an anti-leak system which many popular pen brands still use.
- It also introduced dry ink tablets for soldiers in 1914 to use in emergencies by adding water.
- It presently manufactures ballpoint pens and fountain pens of superior quality.
- Sonnet and Duofold are the most popular collections of this brand.
- Warranty on manufacturing defects on each pen
- Available in numerous designs
- Different ink types available in different colours
Why We Picked Parker?
Parker is the popular choice of luxury pen lovers for its variety and unique features. The brand has introduced opulent collections throughout the years of its existence.
Let me take a minute and introduce you to this amazing blog where we have mentioned some of the best sticky notes for desktops in India. Do check it out and let us know if you find it helpful.
Hayman is a contemporary brand flourishing in the market with its distinctly designed writing instruments. The company has gained a foothold among the prominent names because of the international standards it follows. It is one of the premium pen brands in India to have a wide range of pens plated with gold and other metals to amplify opulence.
Notable Features of Hayman:
- Hayman produces some of the best ball pens, roller pens, and fountain pens with 18k gold plating.
- The is one of the few ballpoint pen brands that use German roller refills to provide a smooth experience to the writers.
- Popular designers design each of the models with precision and perfection.
- The packaging of the pens is done by popular designers in the field as well.
- The pens have a fine grip for comfortable writing. This feature offered by Hayman makes it one of the best costly pen brands in India.
- Wide variety of pens in all categories
- Replaceable inks for all pens
- Long-lasting premium pens
Why We Picked Hayman?
When it comes to giftable luxurious pens, Hayman suffices all the necessities. Every pen is packaged to perfection, and all of them have a regal look. Among the premium pen brands, Hayman is a contemporary institute of writing instruments portraying refined taste.
In the 45 years of its existence, LINC has managed to gain the trust of thousands of Indians by producing an affordable range of durable pens of high calibre. It is one of the best gel pen brands that develops innovative and sleek gel pen designs for smooth performance.
Notable Features of LINC:
- LINC is one of the leading pen manufacturing companies that have an extensive network in several parts of the world, like the USA, UK, South East Asia, Africa, CIS countries, and Russia.
- Every pen has attractive packaging regardless of the price.
- Along with gel pens, it manufactures quality ball pens, retractable ball pens, and other stationeries like pencils.
- Wide variety in a budget
- Many colours available
- Uses waterproof ink technology
The pioneer brand Luxor has a presence in over 120 nations because of the diversified range of stationery products it manufactures. It holds a prominent position among the best drawing pen brands as it has a broad option of pens to cater to the writing needs of different professions.
Notable Features of Luxor:
- Every innovation Luxor brings out is driven by customer satisfaction. It adapts and develops by upholding principles for a lasting impression.
- Luxor is the only one among the affordable ball pen brands awarded the Superbrand in India’s title.
- Variety of pens in different price ranges
- Comes with a warranty
- Uses waterproof ink technology
- Warranty is not available on every product
Pierre Cardin produces a magnificent range of luxury pens blending old-world charm and new-world technology. It is one of the top costly pen brands that enable smooth and fast writing, bringing out the best in your penmanship.
Notable Features of Pierre Cardin:
- Every design is meticulously created to impart a luxurious look and a premium writing experience.
- The grip of each design helps you to clasp the pen firmly and write effortlessly.
- Available in unique designs
- Ink stain lasts really long
- Waterproof ink technology utilised
By identifying every consumer’s sense of style, Uniball creates writing tools for a fine writing experience. The company goes through in-depth research and development to innovate every feature of its products.
Notable Features of Uniball:
- Uniball uses uni super ink that is highly pigmented. It strongly bonds with paper fibres. This ink settles on the paper and resists water from washing it away.
- The ink particles are much larger than dyestuff ink. So, the colour of this ink remains vivid for longer.
- It is among the ball pen brands that use a tungsten carbide ball on the tip of the pen for smooth and clear writing.
Pilot earned its place in Japan’s writing tool industry in 1918. Replacing the writing brushes, the brand made a revolutionary change in the world of writing tools. With over 100 years of its glorious history, the company has managed to set forth quality products.
Notable Features of Pilot:
- The brand often uses unique 3-dimple tip technology to help with precision while writing.
- If you are looking for the best ball pen brands in India, the Pilot might serve you as a perfect choice. That is because the ball pens produced by the company last 4 times more than the common ones in the market.
- Among the best pen brands for writing, Pilot is one of the few brands using the ATT system for quick flow in writing.
- All pens offer extra fine tips for fast writing
- Designs made lightweight
Flair is a must-add name to the group of top pen brands in India. It started its journey 5 decades ago with a unique range of metal pens. Currently, the company manufactures over 650 products and has emerged as a leading exporter of pens.
Notable Features of Flair:
- Flair uses an advanced fluid ink system for amplifying the capacity of each writing tool.
- It is one of the few fountain pen brands in India that uses a liquid ink system for faster writing speed with precision.
- Many pens have iridium tips on steel nibs that increase durability.
- For increasing writing length, the company uses jumbo ink cartridges in the fountain pens.
- Lightweight products
- Available in different designs and colours
Montex has been thriving in the industry of writing tools for over four decades. It has a glorious global presence and is a noted name for manufacturing the finest quality ballpoint and gel pens. It is a brand that meticulously tests, assembles, and packages all its products.
Notable Features of Montex:
- The company puts quality at the forefront while developing any of its products.
- It is one of the gel pen brands to use the best long-running ink with lasting stains.
- Numerous varieties
In addition to this, we would also like you to check our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the best-coloured pencils suitable for sketching and other activities.
All these pen brands have emerged as the best ones in the industry. Each one of them has a noteworthy legacy and manufactures innovative writing instruments. This list covers both luxurious and affordable ranges of brands to make it easier for you to select. The ink types are also great. Pick any of these without any worry.
Which pen brand is the best?
Reynolds, Cello, and other brands listed here are some of the best pen brands.
Which pen is best for students?
students can use any pen that helps them write comfortably without putting much pressure on their fingers. Cello, Uniball, Pilot, and all brands on this list offer various gel, ink, and ball pens that students can choose from.
Which is better, gel or ball pen?
Both types of pens are good. Ball pen has ink that dries fast, and there’s lesser strain while writing.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Every review CashKaro publishes goes through several steps of assessment to make sure you get the best. Like other reviews, this list of the best pen brands has been evaluated by several experts in the field. Also, our experts have only selected brands that have positive reviews from consumers.