Coloured pencils are the best and most important part of every art kit. They are one of the most convenient art supplies for learners as well as professionals. For children, they are easy to work with, safe to use, and do not break easily.
Available in a wide variety, you can choose coloured pencils as per your preference. At times, the choice can be tough. So, here is a list of carefully selected coloured pencils best for young kids and adults. These packs of coloured pencils can add to your collection of art supplies. Thanks to the colourful array of shades, these pencils are perfect for artworks that require shading nuances. From our list of the best-coloured pencils in India, choose the ones that suit your art needs the best.
Our Top Recommendations
How Do We Choose the Best Coloured Pencils For You?
Choosing the finest coloured pencils depends on your needs and the work at hand. In India, a good quality coloured pencil costs anywhere between Rs 150 to Rs 3,000. Before you jump into our recommendations of the best coloured pencils available in India, we suggest you go through the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
The first factor you should consider while buying a pencil colour is the quality. There are two kinds of coloured pencils: artist and student grade. We recommend always using artist-grade pencils over other types if your money permits since they are much better. They have larger pigment content, which results in richer, stronger colours.
There are three types of pencil colours: wax-based, oil-based, and water-soluble. Wax-based pencils are softer than water or oil-based ones. This results in greater paper coverage and a more vibrant colour. However, they also shatter and wear out more rapidly. On the other hand, oil-based pigments are often tougher, and they stay longer.
The consistency of the lead in coloured pencils is one of the key elements of choosing a pencil colour. Soft coloured pencils lay down colours smoothly and combine beautifully. While some soft coloured pencils may be crumbly and gritty, others may be smooth and creamy. On the other hand, hard coloured pencils may be sharpened to an incredibly thin point that won’t disintegrate. This enables delicate lines ideal for intricate artwork and specific textures.
List of The Top 11 Colored Pencils for Kids and Adults in India
Stabilo Aquacolor Aquarellable Colouring Pencil
Looking for the best-coloured pencils for your tiny tot? Stabilo’s Aquacolor Aquarellable Colouring Pencil should be on your must-buy list. The box contains 12 coloured pencils and a sharpener to sharpen the pencil. These coloured pencils can be used in place of wax crayons and to create effects like that of watercolour.
Prominent Features of the Stabilo Aquacolor Aquarellable Colouring Pencil:
- With these high-quality Aquarellable coloured pencils, you can take on any artistic challenge and produce breathtaking effects and artwork
- The colours may then be mixed using a brush and water when used on dry paper
- With a 2.8mm lead diameter, these premium pencils provide a rich colour application for producing stunning artwork
- Break-proof lead
- Delicate colour transitions
- Can be used directly as well as with a wet brush
- Thick and soft strokes
Why We Picked the Stabilo Aquacolor Aquarellable Colouring Pencil?
The Stabilo Aquacolor Aquarellable Colouring Pencil is available in sets of up to 12 dazzling colours. It is ideal for all creative colour specialists at school, university, or the workplace. The pencil colour set provides a rich application of colours.
Castle Art Supplies Coloured Pencils
The best-coloured pencils for artists, Castle Art colour pencils are an excellent choice for adding details to 2D drawings. This set of 120 coloured pencils comes in a zip-up pouch. With these coloured pencils, kids can perform various art techniques like blending and layering. The selection has unique colours and velvety lead that offer high pigmentation and vivid detail.
Prominent Features of the Castle Art Supplies Coloured Pencils:
- Making excellent art ought to be simple and enjoyable with the Castle Art Supplies Coloured Pencils
- Enables you to add depth via layering and produces a lovely blended effect
- Produces a creamy consistency that makes the pencils simple to work with and produces results you will be pleased with
- Best coloured pencil for adding depth
- Cores encased in strong wood
- Easy to sharpen
- Soft coating
Why We Picked the Castle Art Supplies Coloured Pencils?
The Castle Art Supplies Coloured Pencils can be stored in a zip-up nylon case for quick identification and organisation. Enjoy how simple it is to switch between layers to get the ideal shade while keeping your coloured pencils secure and protected. The handy colouring travel companion allows you to create art on the move whenever and wherever you choose.
Moreover, if you are searching for a quality pencil. Here is our blog where we have mentioned some of the top pen brands in India. Do have a look.
Cello Pencil Colours
Cello coloured pencils are best for beginners and school-going kids. This range includes 24 bright colors that bring the drawing alive. They are made of non-toxic material and are safe to be used by young kids. The attractive adventure theme packaging makes it ideal for gifting. Also, the 3D shading activity shared in the pack allows children to experiment with various coloring themes.
Prominent Features of the Cello Pencil Colours:
- These colour pencils have a body that won’t break, so you may use them worry-free for writing, sketching, and colouring
- The Cello Colouring Set comes in enticing packaging with an adventure theme that makes it a great gift for youngsters
- The colour pencils use non-toxic, child-safe materials
- Break-resistant body
- Best coloured pencils for school-going kids
- Safe for children
- Best for drawing and colouring
Why We Picked the Cello Pencil Colours?
With a set of Cello ColourUp Color Pencils, you can encourage your kid to explore the world of colours and use their creativity! The child will be busy for a considerable amount of time colouring with its 12 wonderful hues. And the whole ColorUp line is toxic-free for further safety around kids!
Shuttle Art Coloured Pencils
Shuttle Art coloured pencils are best for sketching and drawing life-like paintings. Suitable for beginners as well as for intermediaries, these coloured pencils work best for precision drawing. The set contains 172 coloured pencils, including 12 metallic colours. The soft lead enclosed within premium quality wood makes them perfect for use by children and adults.
Prominent Features of the Shuttle Art Coloured Pencils:
- Adult colouring books benefit greatly from the hardened and crack-resistant cores of the Shuttle Art Coloured Pencils
- The Shuttle Art Coloured Pencils have leads that are very smooth and thick
- All of the pencils are kept in four separate trays and are packed in a cardboard box with plenty of room for storage and color choosing
- Numbered pencils for choice of shade
- Small round barrel for easy grip
- Best coloured pencils for vivid detailing
- Hardened cores
- Coloured pencils for shading and shadows
Why We Picked the Shuttle Art Coloured Pencils?
The Shuttle Art Coloured Pencils are a perfect present for friends and kids during holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas. The pencil colour set comes in high-quality and portable packaging. It is perfect for artists and anyone who likes colouring, doodling, drawing, and similar activities.
Moreover, for those who are looking for sketch pens, we have created this amazing blog where we have mentioned some of the best sketch pens in India. Do have a look and let us know about the pen you liked the most.
Faber Castell Pencil Colours
Faber Castell’s pencil colours are easy to use. The soft lead of these colours glides effortlessly on paper and allows easy blending and layering. Children do not need to apply pressure to get richer shades. A single stroke is all they need to get a clear, smooth colour. They last long, thanks to their high break resistance. The ergonomic triangular body offers an excellent grip for fine detailing. If you like to read about this topic, may we also suggest our list of best sticky notes?
Prominent Features of the Faber Castell Pencil Colours:
- Best-in-class color pencils with smooth, color-rich leads and a unique bonding that provides strong break resistance and excellent sharpening ability
- The colour pencils include phthalate-free lacquer, making them suitable for kids
- No pressure is needed to colour with the soft lead of the Faber Castell Pencil Colours
- A rich, smooth, and simple spread of colours offers enough coverage
- Best cheap coloured pencils
- Phthalate free lacquer
- Safe for children
- 24 colour pencils for fine detailing
- Best coloured pencils for beginners
Why We Picked the Faber Castell Pencil Colours?
By presenting motivating product concepts, Faber Castell encourages individuals to express themselves and make their ideas a reality. The Faber Castell Pencil Colours provide unique experiences and add value to motivate and enthral their audience.
Cool Bank Premium Artist Lead
This set by Cool Bank contains 72 coloured pencils with a heavyweight drawing pad. The soft leads are enclosed in a high-grade basswood body that prevents breakage. These coloured pencils are best for adding vivid pigments to drawings. If you’re looking for professional-grade art supplies, Cool Bank’s coloured pencils are best for artists who pursue art full-time.
Prominent Features of the Cool Bank Premium Artist Lead:
- The Cool Bank Premium Artist lead is perfect for your kid as it can be used with colouring books
- Premium artist lead is used, and it has blending effects and bright colours
- The colour pencils are suitable for both adults and children
- Perfect for illustrating, drawing, and watercolour effect
- Best coloured pencils for kids and adults
- Can be used wet or dry
- Water soluble leads
- Complimentary colouring pad
- Build quality may not be very good
Apsara Pencil Colours
Apsara coloured pencil is one of the best choices as it offers rich and pigmented shades. These coloured pencils are crafted to give high clarity and brightness. The pencils are made using superb quality wood. They can be conveniently sharpened without much fuss.
Prominent Features of the Apsara Pencil Colours:
- Apsara Pencil Colours are a top pick for suggested school supplies for kids
- These premium quality pencils are suitable for common colouring techniques like embossing, cross-hatching, and stippling
- The colour pencils are sturdy and do not break easily
- Rich quality colours
- Effortless colouring
- Best coloured pencils for smooth blending
Staedtler Luna Coloured Pencil Set
Staedtler Luna is a high-quality colour pencil that offers brilliant coverage. The colours come out rich and deep on paper and do not fade easily. They are not water soluble and allow artworks to stay unsoiled on light spillage.
These pencils have a classic hexagonal shape that makes them easy to hold and use them. They are easy to sharpen, break-proof, and have extra bonding for better durability. This pack includes metallic shades like gold and silver and a sharpener.
Prominent Features of the Staedtler Luna Coloured Pencil Set:
- Rich and vibrant colours provide outstanding coverage and are fade resistance
- Non-water soluble, smooth, and soft leads make your art lively
- The Staedtler Luna Coloured Pencil Set has extra-bonded, break-resistant leads that are simple to sharpen
- Smooth and soft lead
- Intense colours
- Best coloured pencils for bright and deep colouring
- Gold and silver colour included
- Sharpener inside
Maped Color’Peps Colour Pencil Set
This assorted set has 48 vibrant colours that include four fluorescent, one gold, and one silver-coloured pencil. The colours are bright and creamy. Moreover, the triangular shape of the pencils ensures a firm grip, even for smaller hands. These pencil colours can be easily sharpened with any standard pencil sharpener.
Prominent Features of the Maped Color’Peps Colour Pencil Set:
- For the best sketching comfort and the ideal grip, the triangle colour pencils were ergonomically added
- Durable, robust leads lay down smooth colour while resisting breakage
- Maped Color’Peps Colour Pencil Set offers enjoyable mixing and smooth colouring
- Best coloured pencil for young kids
- Comfortable to use
- Bright colours
- Crafted from Elmwood
Arteza Professional Coloured Pencils
The water-soluble Arteza Professional Coloured Pencils are a fantastic choice if you travel often. They are less prone to break if dropped since they have 4mm leads and break-resistant tips. Additionally, they are portable due to their beautiful, strong, double-hinged tin packaging. The colour pencils are excellent for cross-hatching and hatching, and they may be totally blended.
Prominent Features of the Arteza Professional Coloured Pencils:
- Vivid hues that provide coverage and don’t fade
- A greater variety of colours, from classic tones to unusual colours
- Construction of the highest standard that can withstand extreme wear
- Strong, handy barrels that are properly numbered and labelled to demonstrate light fastness
- Generates vibrant colours
- Sturdy metal case for storage
- May lead to wax bloom
Derwent Academy Colouring Pencils
The Derwent Academy line was developed for aspiring artists who want to improve their drawing abilities. Derwent’s Colouring Pencils are a fantastic option for beginners as well as seasoned artists.
They have a spherical, velvety-soft core, making them excellent for adding colour rapidly. The colour pencils are very blendable and can be sharpened to a fine point because of their core’s resistance to breaking.
Prominent Features of the Derwent Academy Colouring Pencils:
- Created with natural wood barrels and premium colour
- The Derwent Academy Colouring Pencils are sharp and resistant to breaking
- Attractive pencil container with a retractable cover for quick access without taking up workspace
- Simple to sharpen
- Rapidly lays down colour
Based on our research, the Stabilo Aquacolor Aquarellable Colouring Pencil, Castle Art Supplies Coloured Pencils, and Cello Pencil Colours are our top picks for the best-coloured pencils in India. While making our recommendations, we also took into consideration factors like quality, type, and consistency. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
In addition to this, we would also like you to go through our recent blog where we have covered some of the best notebook brands available online in India. Do check it out.
Which brand of coloured pencils is best in India?
According to us, Stabilo, Cello, Faber Castell, and Staedtler are some of the best brands of coloured pencils in India. However, we recommend that you go through our entire list and choose one that is best suited to your requirements.
Is Prismacolor better than Faber Castell?
The wax-based binder used by Prismacolor is the most well-known and is more common among colour pencils. Faber-Castell, in contrast, uses an oil-based binder. This is less common but is usually thought to be of higher quality and to provide a distinct result from the normal wax-based bound coloured pencil.
Do coloured pencils expire?
No, coloured pencils won’t expire soon. However, depending on the kind of coloured pencils you have, the pace of lead drying might vary. To ensure that your pencils last as long as possible, you should keep them in a secure location that is cold and out of direct sunlight.
What paper is best for coloured pencils?
Different types of paper have different effects when used with pencil colours. The hot-press watercolour paper often performs amazingly well with coloured pencils. It is typically strong enough for solvents and most wet media.
Which colour pencil is best for beginners?
Many people believe that Prismacolor Premier is the greatest coloured pencil for colouring books and is perfect for beginners. The quality of these pencils often equals or surpasses that of the more costly coloured pencils designed for professional artists.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered quality, type, consistency, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best colour pencils in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.