Sketch pens are one of the most loved stationery items for kids and adults. To help you choose the best sketch pens, we have enlisted some of the top options, handpicked by artists.
Sketch pens add a very vibrant appeal to artworks, which is very different from pencils and wax crayons. Sketch pens come in various shades and sizes with unique, detailed features that help kids have a smoother colouring experience. Also, most sketch colour pens are safe to be used by kids as they are made of 100% non-toxic materials. Some high-quality sketch pens are also washable and can be cleaned easily from textiles. Have a look at these fantastic sketch pen sets that offer bright and bold colours to boost your flair.
|Our Top Recommendations||Best Prices on Amazon|
|Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set||Check Prices|
|Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set||Check Prices|
|Ohuhu Double-Tipped Sketch Pens||Check Prices|
How do we Choose the Right Sketch Pens for You?
Buying new art tools is a fun experience whether you’re a skilled artist or just a casual painter. You may start your creative adventure with a pair of sketch pens and a blank notebook. In India, a good quality sketch pen costs anywhere between Rs 150 to Rs 2,500. Before you jump into our recommendations for the best sketch pens in India, take a look at the factors that helped us decide on the best products for you.
A sketch pen set must have all the basic primary and secondary colours in different shades. The various tones and hues will help you paint your thoughts in bright colours. Look for a set that has all the basic colours that you would generally require.
A good quality sketch pen must be well pigmented. The colours should be bright and colourful. We recommend that you invest in a sketch pen set that has pigmented colours.
Purchase a sketch pen set that is waterproof. You wouldn’t want any spills to ruin your drawing, right? So, purchase a set that is waterproof so that the colours stay for a long time.
List of Top 12 Sketch Pens in India
On this page:
- 1. Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set
- 2. Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set
- 3. Ohuhu Double-Tipped Sketch Pens
- 4. Stabilo Sketch Pen Set
- 5. Maped Color’Peps Sketch Pen Set
- 6. Luxor Carioca: Bi-Color Conical Dual Sketch Pens
- 7. Camel Camlin Sketch Pens
- 8. Doms Watercolour Acqua Sketch Pen
- 9. Toyshine Washable Watercolor Pen Set
- 10. FunBlast Washable Watercolor Pens Set
- 11. Cello ColourUP Celebration Kit
- 12. Touch Cool Colours Twin Head Art Markers
- Which is the best sketch pen?
- Which sketch pen is best for colouring?
- How do I choose a drawing pen?
- Is a fountain pen good for sketching?
- What is the finest line pen?
1. Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set
Faber Castell Connector Sketch Opens give a high-quality finish on paper and have a big barrel body that is comfortable to hold. They also feature a click seal cap that prevents the drying of the ink. The pack contains 25 colours, including rare shades like skin and grey. These sketch pen marks are washable, so you do not have to worry about kids scribbling them on clothes and walls. These sketch pens are completely non-toxic as they contain child-safe, food-grade ink.
Prominent Features of the Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set:
- The Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pens have children-safe ventilated caps
- The sketch pens have 40% more ink and last longer than ordinary sketch pens
- Draw and colour with these pens, or clip them together to create intriguing models
- Child safe-food-grade ink
- Colours are washable from most surfaces
- Click seal cap prevents drying of the ink
Why We Picked the Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set?
The Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set is both fun and interesting. Connecting the caps opens up a variety of opportunities for games and crafts. Connector markers paint vividly and strongly and even provide an additional advantage for play.
2. Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set
Camlin brings a unique range of brush pens with bold flexible tips that provide better coverage, easy filling, and drawing. This set includes 12 different colour shades. The tips of these pens give fine, medium, bold strokes catering to all the painting and calligraphy needs of your kids. From flawless line work to detailed lettering, this set lets you make your drawings more impactful.
Prominent Features of the Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set:
- These pens contain water-soluble ink and are suitable for working on a wide range of papers
- These brush pens give a translucent watercolour effect without the inconvenience of using water, palette, brush, and watercolours
- The brush pens can be used to create both bold and fine strokes
- Flexible brush tip
- Ideal for sketching and hand lettering
- Opaque finish
Why We Picked the Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set?
Students may now make stunning watercolour effects easily, thanks to brush pens. The Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set produces a transparent watercolour look with the simplicity of a pen. It has 12 various hues, which are ideal for meeting all of their painting demands.
Do you also forget your todo’s? then we recommend you to check our latest blog, where we have listed some of the best sticky notes that you can use to note down your todos.
3. Ohuhu Double-Tipped Sketch Pens
The Ohuhu Marker Pens are the highly pigmented colours you’re missing in your collection. This marker pen set is equipped with a beautiful black carrying case for ease in travelling and storing. Its broad and fine twin tips are great for precise highlighting and underlining and for drawing with both thin and thick lines. It allows you to create various styles, sketches and patterns with ease.
Prominent Features of the Ohuhu Double-Tipped Sketch Pens:
- Broad and fine twin tips for precision underlining and highlighting
- The colourful markers mix flawlessly to give depth to your artwork and are made to resist fading
- The Ohuhu markers are alcohol-based ink that dries quickly
- Easily combine and overlay various colours without being concerned about blotches and smudges
- Includes a colour blender
- Highly pigmented
- Prevents fading of the colour
- No smudges and blotching
- Higher priced compared to other brands
Why We Picked the Ohuhu Double-Tipped Sketch Pens?
The Ohuhu Double-Tipped Sketch Pen Set have 320 distinct colours and dual tips that are chisel and fine. The ink is alcohol-based and very blendable. While the tiny nib enables delicate detail, the chisel tip is ideal for big streak-free coverage, providing texture and a variety of markings. The set is ideal for architectural and graphic illustration.
4. Stabilo Sketch Pen Set
The sketch pen set by Stabilo features colour-intensive sketch pens well known for their brilliance and luminosity. Best suited for drawing bold lines, mind mapping, and colouring large areas, this sketch pen set comes in 20 assorted colours. The pens have a premium fibre tip line width of 1 mm. Moreover, these sketch pens have water-based ink.
Prominent Features of the Stabilo Sketch Pen Set:
- The colour-intensive premium felt tip pen is useful for making bold lines and covering huge areas
- Its special formula ink will not smudge or dry out even if the sketch pen is left without a cap for 24 hours
- The premium fibre pen’s water-based ink provides a lot of colours
- High brilliance and luminosity
- Robust medium tip
- Odourless water-based ink
- Capless dehydration defence for up to 24 hours
- Higher priced compared to other brands
Why We Picked the Stabilo Sketch Pen Set?
With the Stabilo Sketch Pen Set, you can create fantastic effects that give each piece of art a distinctive look, including water-repellency. The pens may be used with or without a cap and can be laid open while colouring, thanks to their exceptional protection against drying out.
Looking for coloured pencils? do check out this list of top colour pencils for kids and adults in India and let us know which one out of all is your top pick.
5. Maped Color’Peps Sketch Pen Set
Maped sketch pens come in a set of 24 beautiful shades for creating amazing artwork. These sketch pens offer bright and intense colours that are rich in quality. These pens come in a plastic pack for easy storage. These sketch pens have medium-resistant felt tips of 2mm, making them an excellent choice for drawing and colouring.
Prominent Features of the Maped Color’Peps Sketch Pen Set:
- The Maped Sketch Pens come in a plastic case for easy storage
- The sketch pens are washable and, therefore, can be used without any worry
- The sketch pens come in a variety of vibrant colours for a fun colouring experience
- Bright colours
- Washable felt pens
- Perfect for paper-based artworks
Why We Picked the Maped Color’Peps Sketch Pen Set?
Maped Color’Peps create amazing things that inspire youngsters to desire to study and make their eyes sparkle. Their selection of washable felt pens that are great for colouring and sketching. The ink used in the sketch pen can generally be washed away on most textiles.
6. Luxor Carioca: Bi-Color Conical Dual Sketch Pens
Luxor is one of the most trusted and popular brands in India when it comes to pens. These sketch pens are of outstanding quality and are made of non-toxic substances. They have durable and push-resistant tips that allow precision colouring. These sketch pens come in 24 shades, which allow kids to choose from a wide range of colours to create unique masterpieces.
Prominent Features of the Luxor Carioca: Bi-Color Conical Dual Sketch Pens:
- The ink used in these sketch pens is water-based, non-toxic, and washable
- The Luxor Carioca Pens include felt tip pens with dual colours
- The pens have a conical tip for a two-stroke motion
- ENon-toxic, super-washable ink
- Thick strokes
- Dermatologically tested
- Packaging quality may not be very good
7. Camel Camlin Sketch Pens
This multicoloured pack of 24 sketch pens by Camlin is the perfect sketch pen for school-going kids. They are bound to capture children’s attention due to their vibrant packaging that instantly makes one want to start colouring. These sketch pens have bold conical tips for drawing and filling colours. Additionally, these sketch pens contain non-toxic washable ink that can be washed easily from all fabrics.
Prominent Features of the Camel Camlin Sketch Pens:
- The Camel Camlin Sketch Pens feature a bold tip for the quick covering of big areas
- The sketch pens include hues that are vivid and bright
- The pens can be used on a wide selection of papers and are water soluble
- Easy to carry
- Water soluble
8. Doms Watercolour Acqua Sketch Pen
Doms is a popular, trusted stationery brand in India. The Doms Watercolour Acqua Sketch Pens come in a variety of colours so that you can explore your creative side. The 2.5mm fibre tip is robust and provides proper pigmented colours that bring life to your art. The sketch pens provide a watercolour effect in a hassle-free manner through the pen.
Prominent Features of the Doms Watercolour Acqua Sketch Pen:
- The Doms Watercolour Acqua Sketch Pen comes in a wide variety of rich pigmented colours
- The ventilated caps make the sketch pens durable
- The Doms Sketch Pens have a unique push-resistant tip for easier drawing
- Ventilated cap
- Push-resistant pen tip
9. Toyshine Washable Watercolor Pen Set
The Toyshine Washable Watercolor Pen Set consists of 48-piece colour pens. They are excellent presents for both adults and kids. The Toyshine Watercolour Pen Set can be given as a birthday present, thank-you gift, or on any other appropriate occasion. The set contains an amazing selection of colouring pens for artists of the highest calibre.
Prominent Features of the Toyshine Washable Watercolor Pen Set:
- The watercolour pens are non-toxic and acid-free, making them suitable for youngsters to use
- Using these water pens of artist grade helps to increase creativity and imagination
- The metallic, glitter, neon, and standard water chalk colour pens enhance creativity and imagination
- Non-toxic and safe colour
- Wide variety of hues
- It can be used on a wide variety of surface
- Higher priced compared to other brands
10. FunBlast Washable Watercolor Pens Set
The FunBlast Washable Watercolor Pen Set is a pack of 48 washable watercolour pens. The gel ink pens are safe for kids to use since they are non-toxic and acid-free. The ergonomics of the triangle pen’s comfortable grip are met. Long periods of painting may be done without becoming weary.
Prominent Features of the FunBlast Washable Watercolor Pens Set:
- The sketch pen is washable and, therefore, can be used without any worry
- The FunBlast set is perfect for kids since it is non-toxic and safe to use
- The sketch pen set contains a wide range of colours and is an ideal present for art lovers
- Safe and non-toxic
- Appropriate for all age groups
- Proper plastic box for storage
11. Cello ColourUP Celebration Kit
The Cello ColourUP Celebration Kit consists of a selection of colouring and stationery supplies. The package includes 12 Jumbo Wax Crayons Color Set, 15 Oil Pastel, 1 Ruler, 1 Eraser, 1 Activity Book, 12 Sketch Pens, and 1 Supreme Mechanical Pencil. The Cello colours are constructed with a 2x stronger material, extending their lifespan. This colouring book set’s packaging, which has an exciting adventure theme, makes it perfect for giving to children.
Prominent Features of the Cello ColourUP Celebration Kit:
- The sketch pens and other content of the celebration kit are non-toxic and safe for children
- Cello Colour Up ketch pens will enhance the realism of your drawings regardless of your level of experience
- These pens provide 3D effects that may be improved with water and other media when drawn with a soft touch
- Safe and non-toxic
- The pigment quality of the sketch pens is average
12. Touch Cool Colours Twin Head Art Markers
Touch Cool is a popular brand in the art industry known for its markers. The Touch Cool Colours Twin Head Art Markers are very robust with dual heads (one head is broad, and one head is fine). These are professional sketching markers for graphic designers and manga artists. The Touch Cool markers dry quickly and are permanent. The ink is acid-free, fade-proof, and waterproof.
Prominent Features of the Touch Cool Colours Twin Head Art:
- The production of even the most intricate artwork is flawless because of ideal ink flow and drying speeds
- The nibs’ inventive and robust construction guarantees that they won’t lose their hardness with time
- Touch cool markers contain opaque paint that dries quickly and permanently
- Finest grade ink
- Ink is acid-free, fade-proof, and waterproof
- Opaque paint that dries quickly
- Blending may not be very good
In addition to this, we would also like to recommend you our latest blog, where we have mentioned some of the best pen brands in India. Do check it out.
Using one of the finest sketch pens might significantly improve your artistic output. Based on our research, the Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set, Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set, and Ohuhu Double Tipped Sketch Pens are our top picks of the best sketch pen sets in India. While making our recommendations, we took into consideration factors like colours, pigment, waterproofing, and more. Let us know which one worked out the best for you!
Which is the best sketch pen?
According to us, the Faber-Castell Connector Sketch Pen Set, Camlin Kokuyo Brush Pen Set, and Ohuhu Double Tipped Sketch Pens are the best sketch pens in India. However, we recommend that you go through our entire list and choose one that is best suited to your needs.
Which sketch pen is best for colouring?
The Ohuhu Alcohol Markers are the best pens colouring. They are perfect for both beginner and seasoned artists. The chisel and broad tip help create a flexible pattern of strokes in your drawing. Additionally, the wide variety of colours available makes it easily one of the best pen markers for colouring.
How do I choose a drawing pen?
While choosing a drawing pen, we suggest that you look into a variety of factors beforehand. Take notice of the colours available, the strength of the pigment and whether the pen is waterproof. Choose a sketch or drawing pen that is suited to your needs and requirements.
Is a fountain pen good for sketching?
Yes, a fountain pen is good for sketching. Because of the way the ink flows out of the pen, they are more pleasant to sketch with. Being able to change line weight will help you create lines that are more expressive.
What is the finest line pen?
A fine liner pen is the finest line pen available for artists. Typically, fine liner pens are used for sketching and drawing. They come in a variety of sizes and colours, with felt or plastic fibre nib. Technical pens are substantially more expensive than fine liner pens, which are often disposable.
Why Trust CashKaro Reviews?
Highly experienced and competent researchers at CashKaro work hard to provide you with the finest market suggestions available online. To create a list of products you can trust, we evaluate various products and compare them based on a variety of factors. We considered colours, pigment, waterproofing, and other aspects while making our recommendations for the best sketch pens in India. We really hope that this list will assist you in reaching an educated conclusion.